By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Demon's Souls Back at 90 on Metacritic.

flowjo said:
Wonktonodi said:
flowjo said:
pffft like these "professionals" know anything the game should easily be in the 98-100 range , guess they arent really gamers and more suited to pleasing a broader audience.

any podcast i listen to there is always one dude on there praising the shit out of demons souls and i listen to almost all of them lol.

when I played the game and was really trying to be playing online with a friend I noticed I would get "knocked offline" far to frequently.  By Knocked offline I mean that although it doesnt' say I"m disconected from the server I can no longer see bloodstains or messages.  Leave messages or see soul signs so I"d have to restart the game.  Sometimes I'd have to restart the game 2 or three times.  So for me that would keep it out of the 98 to 100 range just because it got in the way of enjoying the game.

never happened to me , the game is a masterpiece,  the first 10 hours i knew the game was going to win tons of awards , something sparked in my brain the type of experiences and addiction (lol) i was getting only from very past pc titles, it was fresh and challenging and super deep.

it won so many innovation awards from different sites in 2009 and it took goty on gamespot and i know other sites wanted to give it to demons souls but gamespot was the only one to actually have the balls to do it and its made me respect them even more now cause it truley is the best game from 2009 and best game this gen and one of the best of all time

well I'm glad it never happen to you.  Looking forward to the next.

Around the Network
gekkokamen said:
Gee, Metacritic is such a MESS. You know, they include so many "foreign" reviews. You may look at one game and find tons of reviews from european sites: italian, swedish, german, portuguese, etc etc. Even reviews to imports (chineses, japanese versions) Isn't Metacritic a site completely written in ENGLISH? I don't know but I think all those reviews from outside USA are out of place. It seems to me Metacritic is an american website. Why do they have to include reviews the majority of their readers (americans) won't know shit about since they're not written in English?

About a billion people in the world speak English as a first or second language, how many of them live in the USA?

gekkokamen said:
Gee, Metacritic is such a MESS. You know, they include so many "foreign" reviews. You may look at one game and find tons of reviews from european sites: italian, swedish, german, portuguese, etc etc. Even reviews to imports (chineses, japanese versions) Isn't Metacritic a site completely written in ENGLISH? I don't know but I think all those reviews from outside USA are out of place. It seems to me Metacritic is an american website. Why do they have to include reviews the majority of their readers (americans) won't know shit about since they're not written in English?

your perception is way off , think of it like a religion

hsrob said:
gekkokamen said:

About a billion people in the world speak English as a first or second language, how many of them live in the USA?

i'm one of them.....and i don't live in the US....

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Lets be honest here people. This game deserves to be higher.

Around the Network

Demon's Souls should've won each and every RPG of the year 2009 award. I REALLY HOPE they're already working on a sequel/very similar game.

routsounmanman said:
Best game this gen for me (Monster Hunter 3 dashing up close though). This game should exchange scores with that turd, GTAIV.

This.

(Though I like LBP a tad more.)