By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Will Nintendo Have for 2011?

mortono said:
Toddifer said:
mortono said:
Project Hammer with Motion Plus.
Starfox Wii
Pikmin Wii
Wii Play 2 w/ online support
Wii Fit 2 w/ Vitality Sensor
New Super Mario Bros 3DS

What is "Project Hammer"? And isn't Wii Fit Plus essentially "Wii Fit 2"? I don't think they'd do yet another iteration of Wii Fit this gen...I think they're going to have a survival/horror/shooter type game to release for the Vitality Sensor, however.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_H.A.M.M.E.R.

That game is most certainly in the works now that Motion Plus was a success.

Wii Fit Plus was more like Wii Fit 1.5. Despite that, it has already sold 11 million copies.

If they want easy money, they'll release another Wii Fit with VS support. People want to be able to track their heart rates with exercise.

A VS survival horror game might be in the works by a 3rd party, but not Nintendo themselves. They don't make games like that!

I was kinda thinking maybe Capcom would release a Resident Evil or Sega a House of the Dead game to coincide with the VS.

Bah!

Around the Network

A Wii pokemon sort of like an MMO. a new Phantasy star Online, Pikmin 3, thats my wish list.

homer said:
Fingers crossed for a new Fire emblem, paper mario, and starfox.

Forgot about this. A new Fire Emblem is likely (and overdue), and 3DS would be the perfect opportunity, or a ground-up Wii game.

How is it that GBA got 3 Fire Emblems and DS only got one, and a remake to boot?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
homer said:

Forgot about this. A new Fire Emblem is likely (and overdue), and 3DS would be the perfect opportunity, or a ground-up Wii game.

How is it that GBA got 3 Fire Emblems and DS only got one, and a remake to boot?

I've never played Fire Emblem but see on here that everyone seems to love it. What is it? Genre? Systems released on? Is it a 1st party thing?

Bah!

Toddifer said:
Mr Khan said:
homer said:

I've never played Fire Emblem but see on here that everyone seems to love it. What is it? Genre? Systems released on? Is it a 1st party thing?

Turned Based Strategy or Strategy RPG, depending on who you ask. 1, 2, and 3 were NES games, 4 and 5 on SNES, 6, 7, and 8 on GBA, 9 on GC, 10 on Wii, 11 (a remake of 1) on DS.

Published by Nintendo, developed by Intelligent Systems.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Can't believe there's been 10/11 games and I've never really heard of the Fire Emblem series before! Yikes.

Bah!

They will release a new Mario, Pokemon, Zelda and Wii___ game.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Does the announcement of Sin & Punishment 2 and Metroid being pushed back indicate to anyone that Zelda will now be pushed back to 2011?

Bah!

Toddifer said:
Can't believe there's been 10/11 games and I've never really heard of the Fire Emblem series before! Yikes.

Don't blame yourself, Nintendo never got around to releasing them in English till #7 on GBA. It was also never really a high profile series.

burning_phoneix said:
Toddifer said:

Don't blame yourself, Nintendo never got around to releasing them in English till #7 on GBA. It was also never really a high profile series.

Oh ok. Yeah I don't feel nearly as bad now! Thanks.

Bah!