By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Nintendo saved gaming for me

wait...isn't the main reasoning here that your kids reached the age where they wanted video games?

Around the Network

I can' believe someone (amp) believed it was a joke
or is it?

Stopped with the PS1? Yeah, needless to say, you missed GAMING. What we have today doesn't compare to the absolute glory of the PS1-2 ages, which I both play today more than I do my PS3.

Xen said:
Stopped with the PS1? Yeah, needless to say, you missed GAMING. What we have today doesn't compare to the absolute glory of the PS1-2 ages, which I both play today more than I do my PS3.

PS1/N64 was a lot of fun.... last gen wasn't that great so I say he didn't miss much, just some really awesome PC games.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Xen said:

PS1/N64 was a lot of fun.... last gen wasn't that great so I say he didn't miss much, just some really awesome PC games.

GameCube was awesome.

Around the Network
Snesboy said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Xen said:

GameCube was awesome.

yes

Xen said:

I don't understand this attitude. Gaming today kicks the shit out of those generations in so many ways!

Is this a Joke Thread???

Lyrikalstylez said:

Is this a Joke Thread???

Lol!

No is not!

I got tired of so many (Oh god they are so many) threads saying how they hate Nintendo this gen and explaining why nIntendo ruined gaming for them... It is the opposite for me so I decided to tell my story.

Yeah I suppose you can be more fun using dark sarcasm, but there is nothing more powerful than the plain truth...

The breaking point for me was changing my wife and family perception about videogames. Before the Wii videogames had this image of being not very good for a kid and of course not entertaining for adults. People used to think (to some extent they still)  that videogames were bad for your kids because no kid should be sitting alone on a couch. Kids are suposse to exercise and to play with others. Nintendo changed that. Now videogames may be healthy, social and entertaining for all ages.

And now, thanks to all that, without controversy or power struggle over our family budget, we are buying very soon a big HD TV for the 360 and a PS2 for the old TV. It is like a renaissance of gaming for me.

Sure this is anecdotical, but I suspect it also explains the Wii's success.

Next year I may be buying a DS and or a PS3. So from my point of view, Nintendo saved gaming for me and for everybody (including Microsoft and Sony).

Do you still hate Nintendo? Well that is still a form of love because the opposite of hate is indifference.

I love gaming, I love nintendo

theprof00 said:
wait...isn't the main reasoning here that your kids reached the age where they wanted video games?

Ehhh... no. My boy was two years old when I put a Wii remote on his little hand. It was I who introduced him to videogames