By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 6 More Devs Leave Infinity Ward! Activision Can't Stop The Bleeding!

Kasz216 said:

They aren't even saying that in public. 

I mean... lets review the facts.

1) Something happens.

3) West and Zampella are fired.

4) West and Zampella sue  Activision.

5) Activision puts up a countersuit.

6) Senior members of the team leaves

7) West and Zampella open up a studio with EA.

8) Activision promises bonuses to people who stays

9) More people leave.

Edited... we know the actions and not the truth.. we will find out everything someday.. I'm not claiming that they are innocent/wrong on either side but we have to wait to find out who was doing wrong..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:

Kasz216 said:

1) Something happens.

9) More people leave.

Edited... we know the actions and not the truth.. we will find out everything someday.. I'm not claiming that they are innocent/wrong on either side but we have to wait to find out who was doing wrong..

What I posted WAS the actions.

You just edited it to try and remove all the things that made them look bad.

Like singing a deal with the company they were accused of making a deal with.

That they signed a deal with the company they were accused of making a deal with is a fact.

Kasz216 said:
NiKKoM said:

Kasz216 said:

1) Something happens.

9) More people leave.

That they signed a deal with the company they were accused of making a deal with is a fact.

You didn't add the actions from the IW team and activision to make West and Zampella look bad.. I just removed the stuff which we don't know about cause activision sued them for being in contact with a major rival competitor.. not "EA"..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
Kasz216 said:
NiKKoM said:

Kasz216 said:

1) Something happens.

9) More people leave.

You didn't add the actions from the IW team and activision to make West and Zampella look bad.. I just removed the stuff which we don't know about cause activision sued them for being in contact with a major rival competitor.. not "EA"..

A major rival competitor located in Redwood, California. 

It would be like Obama saying he has a problem with a head of a religion who lives in the Vatican.

No other head of a religion lives there.

Kasz216 said:

Afterall they aren't going to some cool independent developer or starting up their own company.  No they're going to EA.  Why?  They are going to pay the best.  They probably won't end up with any more "creative control" it was just an excuse to move their entire staff so they could get paid more.

West and Zampella were upset because they decided to sell right before Modern Warfare became huge... heck, they haven't really even refuted any of Activisions claims.

You're wrong on that point as they're part of the EA Partners scheme:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/respawn-entertainment-and-ea-partners-interview

"Q: Why did EA's deal stand out over the other companies that approached you?

Jason West: We looked at the deals and opportunities that we had and the EA Partners deal really seemed like it would allow us the freedom and independence to do whatever we wanted. They respect the culture we want to create, and we would own our own IP and control our own destiny and remain completely independent.

David DeMartini: What were were looking to do was, it would be as if Wayne Rooney all of a sudden became a free agent – how quickly would Chelsea try and chase after him if they could sign him up? We were just trying to provide some level of sanctuary for these guys so they could get back to doing what they love the most, which is making the games."

They would keep creative control and even own the IPs they create. They're effectively an independent studio with a deal with EA so EA publishes there projects. I believe Valve and Crytek have similar deals.

Also, the fact that Activision have said they're redistribute the wealth to those who remain stinks of them forcing people to remain at the studio to plug a skills leakage. The people who leave will have put in immense amounts of work, and they should be paid there royalties even if they choose to leave as the work has already been done and the profits made. They've put time and effort into a game that's already been released and haven't been paid for it. Whether West and Zampella get the money or not is not even an issue, the others who weren't fired should get paid.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
NiKKoM said:

Kasz216 said:

1) Something happens.

9) More people leave.

that they signed a deal with EA after being fired from Activision is in no way a crime or breech of contract, because the act of firing the people breaks the contract

Kasz216 said:
NiKKoM said:
Kasz216 said:

West and Zampella were upset because they decided to sell right before Modern Warfare became huge... heck, they haven't really even refuted any of Activisions claims.

Duh.. they are preparing to go into court... why say anything so the other party can use it and prepare their defence...

Because if your innocent, nothing you say can be used against you.

Sorry but things don't work out that way, you should look up court cases and find out that what goes on in a court room is far more infamous then what you think, people have been convicted for reasons like they look like someone, their colour, flawed witness statements, their background, who they know, badly run trials, bad Jury etc... while guilty parties have got away by attack their victims characters, bad plea bargains, loopholes and so on. People call it the justice system but it's basically down to convincing and the decision of 12 people.

scottie said:
Kasz216 said:
NiKKoM said:

Kasz216 said:

1) Something happens.

9) More people leave.

that they signed a deal with EA after being fired from Activision is in no way a crime or breech of contract, because the act of firing the people breaks the contract

No, it was the negotations before that did that.   It's pretty obvious they were done based on just the amazing speed in which this was done.  If they really cared about "creative control" they would of just started up their own company.   You don't think the guys who made MW2 couldn't get a loan?

Haha the fall of Activision begins.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

@Kasz:

Pepole are aligning themselves with Zampella and the other guy because they are Chaotic Good, unlike the Lawful Evil Activision.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.