By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Nintendo has ruined this gen for me

Tuganuno said:
Metallicube said:
Tuganuno said:
SmokedHostage said:
So... because Galaxy is not on the PS3, Nintendo ruined this gen for you?

Let's blame Nintendo for being a market success and own the Mario IP while we're at it.

Lol at that info manipulation. We all understood what he was trying to say - Nintendo's (overpriced) casual console has been pwning the PS3 and 360 for 4 years. Sony and MS are now more focused on the casual market because Nintendo is swimming in money, that in my honest opinion, (now ignore my PS3 tag) they don't deserve... at all.

There's no way to know if we would be better or worse without the Wii. Unless you have a time machine, go back to 2006 and burn Nintendo's headquarters. If you have one, please PM me, I have no idea where I left my wallet D:

Oh boo-freakedy hoo.. What the hell is that ever supposed to mean "they don't deserve it"? What did they break into Fort Knox or something for their money?

Have you ever heard of a little saying called "the customer is always right?" Nintendo obviously did SOMETHING right or they wouldn't be swimming in money.

I can just as easilly flip that around and say Sony didn't deserve their success in the PS1 and PS2 days.. See how dumb that argument sounds now?

Btw, the whole casual thing doesn't exist. It's a myth created by the industry to try and categorize gamers and give an excuse for the Wii's success. It is stupid branding and nothing else. People conisdered the NES a "casual console" back then too.

Nintendo doesn't deserve it, in my opinion, because: #1, it's too damn expensive. Ok this is kind of a fact, not an opinion. Nintendo has made ALOT of money on this generation with software, and hardware sales, and yet they the console's price is ridiculous. I know it's naive to think that Sony/MS don't want the same as Nintendo - money, money, money and more money - but an Arcade costs less than a Wii! An XBOX360, costs less than a console that in terms of hardware, is between this generation and the last one.

#2, if we compare the PS3/360/Wii software by metacritics score, we have... 86 games on the 360 with a score superior to 85, on the PS3 76, and 32 on the Wii. I know I shouldn't use metacritic like this - we can't simply define which console has the best software by the amount of games with a score higher to an x value, that would bestupid. But I'm not trying to do that, I'm just pointing out the lack of good games on the Wii.

Conclusion: Software and Hardware have deep flaws.

About that sentence on the PS1 and PS2... yeh you can say that. But you have nothing to support your theory. PS1 revolutionized the gaming industry - Third Party support - and the PS2 was a console that was good for casual and hardcore gaming. It has 150 games with a score superior to 85, and over 320 to 80.

And casual isn't a myth lol It's just an expression often used to define a certain type of gaming and/or gamers. Most of Nintendo's games look... well, here's the reason why I often say casual - if I say childish, people will just rage against me because they will assume that I'm saying that the Wii is for kids. Let's be reasonable please, you can't possibly compare the complexity of a MGS plot with a Mario's "Your princess is in another castle" - not saying one is better than the other just because of the plot, in fact, I'm not even comparing them because I simply can't. But if you ask me which one I'd prefer to play, between Mario Galaxy or MGS, now that's a completely different question.

Listen, or better yet read, don't take this too seriously. You can't expect to have everyone by your side, congratulating Nintendo for its success, 'cause some people simply think that MS or Sony should be on the first place, for the reasons I've listed above.

Dumb argument. Motion controls cost. That's why the Playstation move will cost 100$ more.

nonsense. SNES and NES had third party support before PS1. 

Around the Network
oniyide said:
@guidic my bad

You did it again!

guiduc said:
Christian973 said:
How many of the same threads talking about the same subject are we going to have?

Too many. Too many Sony fans will come and bash a console they don't even own.

I noticed MS fans weren't coming that much. A sign.

What's the sign? o.o

Tuganuno said:
Metallicube said:
Tuganuno said:
SmokedHostage said:

Let's blame Nintendo for being a market success and own the Mario IP while we're at it.

Lol at that info manipulation. We all understood what he was trying to say - Nintendo's (overpriced) casual console has been pwning the PS3 and 360 for 4 years. Sony and MS are now more focused on the casual market because Nintendo is swimming in money, that in my honest opinion, (now ignore my PS3 tag) they don't deserve... at all.

There's no way to know if we would be better or worse without the Wii. Unless you have a time machine, go back to 2006 and burn Nintendo's headquarters. If you have one, please PM me, I have no idea where I left my wallet D:

Oh boo-freakedy hoo.. What the hell is that ever supposed to mean "they don't deserve it"? What did they break into Fort Knox or something for their money?

Have you ever heard of a little saying called "the customer is always right?" Nintendo obviously did SOMETHING right or they wouldn't be swimming in money.

I can just as easilly flip that around and say Sony didn't deserve their success in the PS1 and PS2 days.. See how dumb that argument sounds now?

Btw, the whole casual thing doesn't exist. It's a myth created by the industry to try and categorize gamers and give an excuse for the Wii's success. It is stupid branding and nothing else. People conisdered the NES a "casual console" back then too.

Nintendo doesn't deserve it, in my opinion, because: #1, it's too damn expensive. Ok this is kind of a fact, not an opinion. Nintendo has made ALOT of money on this generation with software, and hardware sales, and yet they the console's price is ridiculous. I know it's naive to think that Sony/MS don't want the same as Nintendo - money, money, money and more money - but an Arcade costs less than a Wii! An XBOX360, costs less than a console that in terms of hardware, is between this generation and the last one.

Ok, that's YOUR opinion. 70 million gamers obviously DON'T think it's too expensive. The arcade is cheaper then the Wii because it is in less demand than Wii. That is how capitalism works.. But no, it's ok for Sony to launch PS3 for $600 right?

#2, if we compare the PS3/360/Wii software by metacritics score, we have... 86 games on the 360 with a score superior to 85, on the PS3 76, and 32 on the Wii. I know I shouldn't use metacritic like this - we can't simply define which console has the best software by the amount of games with a score higher to an x value, that would bestupid. But I'm not trying to do that, I'm just pointing out the lack of good games on the Wii.

Oh god now that metacritic crap again. Like I said, quality is relative. And what most mainstream game reviewers view as quality meshes more with the HD consoles, which is why they have higher ranked games. Carnival games and Just Dance, even Wii Sports, were panned by most reviewers, yet are extremely successful. So obviously there are lots of people out there that find THOSE games to be quality, even if you and I may not. Reviews are opinion, not a true measure of quality. Sales are really a greater measure of quality because it shows the game is appealing to the most customers.

About that sentence on the PS1 and PS2... yeh you can say that. But you have nothing to support your theory. PS1 revolutionized the gaming industry - Third Party support - and the PS2 was a console that was good for casual and hardcore gaming. It has 150 games with a score superior to 85, and over 320 to 80.

PS1 revolutionized gaming? How so? With CDs? How revolutionary. Sega CDs and Sega Saturn had CDs too. PS1 had lots of great games, don't get me wrong, but come on it didn't "revolutionize" jack. And so it got the most 3rd party support. Big deal. 3rd parties are not the end all be all of gaming.

And casual isn't a myth lol It's just an expression often used to define a certain type of gaming and/or gamers. Most of Nintendo's games look... well, here's the reason why I often say casual - if I say childish, people will just rage against me because they will assume that I'm saying that the Wii is for kids. Let's be reasonable please, you can't possibly compare the complexity of a MGS plot with a Mario's "Your princess is in another castle" - not saying one is better than the other just because of the plot, in fact, I'm not even comparing them because I simply can't. But if you ask me which one I'd prefer to play, between Mario Galaxy or MGS, now that's a completely different question.

Again, you're dealing with a relative idea. I happen to think Mario games are more "hardcore" than MGS and its hours of movie scenes.

Listen, or better yet read, don't take this too seriously. You can't expect to have everyone by your side, congratulating Nintendo for its success, 'cause some people simply think that MS or Sony should be on the first place, for the reasons I've listed above.

Don't worry, I won't lose sleep over it.

wow this kind of rants are sooo 2006-2007, its over is only a game is not the end of world
*goes back to rant about FF 13*

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Around the Network

So I Post on this thread. And get whole arguements done towards me. Because people don't know what I meant. If everyone wants to bash wii AND have dumb facts behind them. Fine I"ll prove you wrong.

Zedes said:
alaxy would work extremely well with the introduction of move seems perfect for galaxy!. The 360 and ps3's price point complexity, competitive online play and lots of emphasis on shooters which are at least 12+ make it a more hardcore console. The majority of casual gamers own a wii so therefore from a developer's point of view it's better to make a casual game on the wii where there's a larger casual audience.

Well I would admit that the fact that move can get the game the same experaince on PS3. What I would not admit is that the game would not be better, Unless you change the game
Also its funny when people think that PS3 and 360 are hardcore because of all the features and its complexity. Does that mean a movie that has a huge epic storyline that has a span of 3 films more hardcore than a movie that has a simple storyline and has one movie? NO!
Being hardcore means you play games,movies or heck even music for a longtime. Your etheir a hardcore fan or a fan or a causal fan. Get over it. Having the most features and making it complex does not make it hardcore. Hence why wii is every bit hardcore as 360 and PS3

Skeeuk said:
have you not noticed the slew of quality titles that are released on 360 and ps3 all the time?

Yeah I have by word of mouth. (don't own etheir) Though that doesn't make them hardcore. Doesn't matter how big,complex and epic they are. Its a game get over it.

radiantshadow92 said:
What the hell are you talking about? The experience could be even better on the PS3. Online play, and downloadable content would make the game better. And casual and hardcore is not a dumb phrase. . Hardcore owners play thier systems alot, while as casual owners will casually play. Get it? its not that hard to understand. have you not seen how many hours people dump into games on the ps3 and 360?

Aw if it could be made better on PS3 like that. Why not put all the games on PC since you can get all of that stuff and more? Also people play alot of the HD twins. But they also play alot of wii? The average playtime for Brawl is 75 hours. That's average. Imagine how much people around here play other games. Like monster hunter

Tuganuno said:

Its funny how people say how the wii is a over priced machine. When the HD twins are nouthing more but a PS2 in HD with better online and media features.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

its funny the guy who said mgs plot its better than mario
but the fact is mgs has nothin to do with the other consoles when is a third party game that could've been on the wii

just sayin

n casual for me means noob friendly kinda like modern warfare is noob friendly compare to killzone 2 and legend of zelda and metroid are core games

and monster hunter tri is hardcore like demon soul and madworld too
sont come here talkin bs about nintendo

Nintendo made me a gamer so I'd be stupid to ever try to forget that                                             like so many people nowadays

The Top  Best Consoles Are SNES and PSX 

Currently Playing: 1.Monster Hunter tri 2.MegaMan 10

It's not Nintendo who's doing it.  It's third parties...

besides... most of the stuff on the Wii wouldn't even exist without the Wii... plus you know, Natal and Move are coming... mostly because of Nintendo paving the way... so... really the youtube video explains my stance.

And I entered thinking I would have a quick laugh :(

PS: I hate the term Casual/Hardcore. We are only gamers, damnit!

Above: still the best game of the year.

guiduc said:
Tuganuno said:
Metallicube said:
Tuganuno said:
SmokedHostage said:

nonsense. SNES and NES had third party support before PS1. 

Actually 3rd party support for SNES and NES were poor.
NES had a problem with making games there because of the outdated tech and that computers were the way to go since they were more complex and had better graphics. They were 16 bit compared to the nes. The only place it did well in 3rd party was Japan. That was because it was popualar for years over there and compters weren't so popular over there

SNES did get alot of games though unless it was japanesse it was muiltiplatform with the geneies. There was a reason why there were tons
of muiltplatforms.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you.