By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Nintendo has ruined this gen for me

Nintendo may have introduced more people into gaming with the wii but they also seperated hardcore and casual gamers! :(

During the says of the ps2 I used to be able to play, socom, battlefrontII, timesplitters, crash nitro kart, wacky races and dbz boudaki all on the same system! It was great! However nowadays to play all of these types of games, I have to buy a minimum of two consoles! It's ridiculous :(

Also I think nintendo ruined this gen because just imagine how good super mario galaxy would look and play on the ps3! It'd be a  breathtaking experience. However due to the limitations of the wii we can only experience great games NOT excellent games from nintendo this gen...

BTW- I didn't label this thread as nintendo because I didn't wand hordes of nintendo fanboys running in, so please keep fanboyism to a minimum, thanks :)

Around the Network

Galaxy wouldn't work as well on PS3 as wii. The motion controls are what make the game fun and its a experiance than can't work on PS3. Also the whole casual and hardcore split it a dumb phrase. What makes the 360 and PS3 more hardcore than wii?

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

So Nintendo stole someone else's lunch money.

Zedex said:

Nintendo may have introduced more people into gaming with the wii but they also seperated hardcore and casual gamers! :(

During the says of the ps2 I used to be able to play, socom, battlefrontII, timesplitters, crash nitro kart, wacky races and dbz boudaki all on the same system! It was great! However nowadays to play all of these types of games, I have to buy a minimum of two consoles! It's ridiculous :(

Also I think nintendo ruined this gen because just imagine how good super mario galaxy would look and play on the ps3! It'd be a  breathtaking experience. However due to the limitations of the wii we can only experience great games NOT excellent games from nintendo this gen...

BTW- I didn't label this thread as nintendo because I didn't wand hordes of nintendo fanboys running in, so please keep fanboyism to a minimum, thanks :)

You make alot of sense, it does feel as if you need multiple systems to be happy. I want to add that some blame should go to MS and Sony, these trophy/acheivements take alot of fun out of the games.

Around the Network

It's your opinion, remember they did Twilight, Galaxy, Brawl, Kart Wii

Which all of them are WAY better than their predecessors.

Keep playing your PS3 if you think Nintendo ruined the gen. I'm going to enjoy Galaxy 2, Zelda Wii and Other M in few months.

Oh, my god... why imagine Mario Galaxy on the PS3??
Just imagine how good Mario Galaxy would look on the PS6... no PS7!

Nintendo ruined this and the next 2 gens for not waiting such POWAH!

RolStoppable said:
I expected more effort, because this has been done before. This OP is like the average third party Wii game: a waste of time and forgetable.

Yep, not very creative, should probably get locked. *ducks*

killeryoshis said:
Galaxy wouldn't work as well on PS3 as wii. The motion controls are what make the game fun and its a experiance than can't work on PS3. Also the whole casual and hardcore split it a dumb phrase. What makes the 360 and PS3 more hardcore than wii?

Galaxy would work extremely well with the introduction of move seems perfect for galaxy!. The 360 and ps3's price point complexity, competitive online play and lots of emphasis on shooters which are at least 12+ make it a more hardcore console. The majority of casual gamers own a wii so therefore from a developer's point of view it's better to make a casual game on the wii where there's a larger casual audience.

Don't worry. When the disruption gets more intense. There will be more diversity on nintendo systems :)

I LOVE ICELAND!