By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts, Week 47

Nice performance for Galaxy in UK. It started at #3 only, but managed to keep that position this week even with the launch of other big games such as Mass Effect.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Netherlands charts are available at this link:

http://www.gamekings.tv/index.php?p=3540

leo-j said:
thx1138 said:
And it looks like each week the difference between the PS3 and 360 in weekly numbers is decreasing. What you would expect right after a price drop is a big change and now things are adjusting. Closer to what they were before the price drop.

Not to mention the software sales from the UK dont paint any improvement for the PS3.

Adjusting? What do you mean? The sales dropped to 65k for a week after the price cut, and is now rising, recently its at 80k.

The difference between 360 and PS3 sales is dropping.

First weeks after price drop had ~60K difference, 2nd week ~50K, 3rd week ~40K, etc.  Now the difference is about 15K.

Libraries sell systems not individual games

leo-j said:
PS3 has taken over OTHERS as expected.

Are you excluding Nintendo from your 'taken over'?

thx1138 said:
leo-j said:
thx1138 said:
And it looks like each week the difference between the PS3 and 360 in weekly numbers is decreasing. What you would expect right after a price drop is a big change and now things are adjusting. Closer to what they were before the price drop.

Not to mention the software sales from the UK dont paint any improvement for the PS3.

Adjusting? What do you mean? The sales dropped to 65k for a week after the price cut, and is now rising, recently its at 80k.

The difference between 360 and PS3 sales is dropping.

First weeks after price drop had ~60K difference, 2nd week ~50K, 3rd week ~40K, etc.  Now the difference is about 15K.

you, my friend are WRONG. check the home page, last weeks "others" data is up

Around the Network

@thx1138: The trend reversed last week. Now the difference is 30k (100k PS3 vs 70k X360)

360 has a definitive problem in mainly Italy, Germany, Spain. Its doing pretty well in UK, Other and Australia but other territories is just bad for the 360. Though I still think DS and PS3 are way overtracked in Europe. There is just no way 430k DS are sold in one week.

You aint found shit!

DS up by a lot and PS3 doing much better. It cracked 100k! With PS3 having others and Japan (Ps3 V.S. 360) it may have at chance at outselling the 360 worldwide for a week or two.

P.S. check my sig to see why my avatar was changed from a cool blue hedgehog to...well...yeah.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

kamil said:
@thx1138: The trend reversed last week. Now the difference is 30k (100k PS3 vs 70k X360)

Actually looks like the site made some major adjustments.  They adjusted at least as far back as the PS3 price drop. Difference started at 70K per week for a couple of weeks and is now down to the 25-30K per week.

Libraries sell systems not individual games

FishyJoe said:
While the PS3 and 360 battle for scraps, the DS is going to shatter sales records.

yeah it just did 430k