By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Coincidence, or are RockStar starting to turn their focus to the PS3

GTA 4 was probably a cheap buy for the 360 in terms of the additional sales that it brought, b/c back then the 360 was doing a lot better, the PS3 a lot worse.

Nowadays, it would be a much bigger hunk of cash for a multiplat deal.

In other words, MS would think twice before buying a multiplat or even exclusive deal.

Around the Network
CommonMan said:
I don't take dsister seriously anymore, because his damn avatar changes all the time. I'll give you Han if you want him, just stick with something!

I get bored looking at the same avatar for too long. ;_;

wait who got those back ? Lol Wikipedia is easily changed

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

I can change them all to Wii exclusives if I wanted to...so this is a pointless discussion based on incorrect Wikipedia "information"

CGI-Quality said:
CDiablo said:
Yup since the XBOX 360 version of GTA 4 sold slightly more than half of the sales of the game it would be a great financial move to make PS3 exclusives.

Are you saying Agent is a bad idea?

People get attached to a franchise and even a company's games.  That's why the GTA4 has been so successful with the PS3 crowd this time around, and so poor with the 360 crowd.  In other words, it would pay for a company to keep pressing for a particular company instead of MS paying for one franchise, then another from a completely different company, and another from a differnt company, etc.              

So, perhaps MS is trying to get more and more influence over time w/ Rockstar

Around the Network

Rockstar has always been very friendly with Sony and with Playstation, and I don't expect that to change any time soon. They took Microsoft's money for the exclusive DLC, but I'm guessing released it as soon as they could on the PS3. Hopefully it sells well. I also remember comments made after GTA IV's launch Dan and Sam Houser stated that fitting the whole game onto the 360 was challenging, and that they were worried about fitting the follow up onto 360 at all. So, yeah, Rockstar likes Sony.

Now, that being said, I don't expect them to fully concentrate on PS3 at all. They make too much money on 360. GTA IV sold more on 360, and up until MW2, GTA IV was the most successful game launch ever. That was in large part due to 360 sales. So, I don't think we'll see too many Rockstar PS3 exclusives, but I also don't expect them to ever leave Sony out in the cold.

gekkokamen said:
Who cares...let Rockstar burn, and throw along Ubisoft to kindle the fire.

Blasphemy.

Rockstar has always been Sony's bitch. I'm not surprised they're all over Sony's balls making stuff for them. I will say that they're idiots if they don't throw stuff for Xbox 360. If it wasn't for MS, GTA 4 wouldn't have sold as much as it did.

CGI-Quality said:
CDiablo said:
Yup since the XBOX 360 version of GTA 4 sold slightly more than half of the sales of the game it would be a great financial move to make PS3 exclusives.

Are you saying Agent is a bad idea?

I sure am. No matter what Agent does on PS a 360 version would most likely sell at least 50% of what the PS version does.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

What can you say? Its simply the result of some money hatting from the previous generation if true.

Tease.