By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - which game this gen has made the most impact on u ?

Bioshock for me, the first one.

Around the Network

Probably Braid and MGS4...

Definitely MGS4. The gameplay wasn't really my favourite in the series, but the story really made a huge impact on me, and just made me like Snake all the more :D

how is braid? is it worth me buying it ?

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Kenryoku_Maxis said:

Kirby's Canvas Curse - Showed me the DS was more than a mere novelty and could produce truly fun and innovating games.

Osu! Tadake! Ouendan! - Showed me I could be addicted to a music/rhythm game and the music genre could branch off beyond just DDR/Guitar Hero clones.

Muramasa: The Demon Blade - Finally brought back that love for old school games and Action/Platformers I've been craving since Symphony of the Night. And improved on the style of gameplay and presentation dramatically.

Super Mario Galaxy - Made me actually like 3D Mario games and showed great promise for the Wii to come.

Company of Heroes - Added numerous innovations to the RTS genre that I've been waiting for since the days of Warcraft and Starcraft and evolved gameplay beyond simple 'micro' and 'farming for minerals'.

That game had the second most impact on me, and for the same reason you mentioned.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Fragile Dreams and No More heroes

Become a fan of I Love Videogames on facebook! The most updated and fun italian videogame fanpage on facebook! click here!

Also visit I Love Videogames: a new and fresh italian videogaming site! click here!

COD: W@W first game i played on my 360 that i bought christmas 2008.
Mass Effect and GTA4 also wowed me, i dont care about the problems they have.
Mirror's edge is pretty amazing as well for me

I think it's near impossible for me to choose just 1, so I'll split it into different cateagories:

Graphics: Crysis, just WOW
Characters: Mass Effect 2, such emphasis on character development. Made a nice change.
Polish & technical acheivement: Uncharted 2, mixed so many play styles so well and told a great story at the sametime.
Storytelling: Half-Life 2 + episodes, in particular the end of Ep2.
Sandbox/Content: Oblivion

Halo 3, by a long way.

No Brainer for me...

HEAVY RAIN

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???