By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - which game this gen has made the most impact on u ?

twilight princess is the wii game that showed me how awesome the wii can be .

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

Halo 3, after 15 years of gaming this game made a fan of First person shooters (Metroid Prime doesn't count lol) but I do beleive the new Zelda on Wii will be monumental on this gen.

Games that had impact on me:

God of War III - Redefined what an EPIC Action Game should be. Scale is unrivaled.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - The pefect blend of storytelling action and adeventure.

Heavy Rain: Totally got me hooked into the game and lead to me feeling the emotions in the game.

The Game that had the Biggest Impact on me is...

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

I could probably write a whole page on MGS4 but I'll keep it short.

As a fan who started playing MGS back in the PS1 days and having played all the Major MGS titles, my hype, passion and expectations for MGS4 were just over the top. That was of course when MGS4 was first announced at Tokyo Games Show 2005. MGS4 was the reason why I had to buy the PS3 in 2006 when it came out here in Austraila. MGS4, didn't lack anything. The Story was great and the cutscenes were excellent, ranging from emotionally powerful scenes to action packed cutscenes, it was all there. The gameplay was superb because of things like the OctoCamo suit, Psyche Meter, Third Person Shooter, etc. And the Ending... The Best fitting ending of any game.

MGS4 is my favourite and best game ever and Solid Snake will always be remembered as a Legend.

Scoobes said:
I think it's near impossible for me to choose just 1, so I'll split it into different cateagories:

Graphics: Crysis, just WOW
Characters: Mass Effect 2, such emphasis on character development. Made a nice change.
Polish & technical acheivement: Uncharted 2, mixed so many play styles so well and told a great story at the sametime.
Storytelling: Half-Life 2 + episodes, in particular the end of Ep2.
Sandbox/Content: Oblivion

I also agree with this list.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!