By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy Showdown Round #2 -- Rate FF8!!

- Awesome intro (Liberi Fatali kicks ass)
- Triple Triad (best FF mini-game to date)

Agree on both counts. VIII had its moments. But they were few and far between.

I really, really liked the GF summon sequences and all the optional GFs lying around. But the fact that they were such an integral part of combat was a horrendous mistake that current FFs still haven't recovered from (they've gone in the opposite direction - making summons completely gimp and worthless).

Around the Network

Dear God quay you make it sound like FF8 killed your pet or something!

@TruckOSaurus

Hey atleast Squall & Rinoa could ACT unlike the people in attack of the clones!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:

@TruckOSaurus

Not..... really. They're about as believable as Tidus and Yuna

Khuutra said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@TruckOSaurus

Not..... really. They're about as believable as Tidus and Yuna

Sorry I thought Tidus & Yuna had an amazing chemistry and were very believable.

Heck a reason FFX-2 was made was because fans loved Tidus & Yuna as a copule....but I can't say anything else, if I do I'll spoil FFX for you. But for me it was very believable.

Anyone who claims that Tidus and Yuna had amazing chemistry as a couple needs to go watch The Laughing Scene again.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

@TruckOSaurus

To be fair Nathalie Portman can act, but there wasn't much to do with the script she was given. Hayden Christensen on the other hand is a lost cause.

Signature goes here!

Qays said:
Anyone who claims that Tidus and Yuna had amazing chemistry as a couple needs to go watch The Laughing Scene again.

There are some things we should ignore, the laughing scene & FFX-2 are some of them.

Go watch the ending of FFX & the lake scene.

@TruckOSaurus

Yeah she can...she has proven that in her other films.

Hayden improved by miles for episode 3 though.

Honestly, I wouldn't have minded X so much if Tidus didn't sound like an anthropomorphic pig or Cartman.

And thus the thread derails into an argument about how much 'FF8 sucks'. It was only a matter of time.

No matter how much you try to bring up personal opinions about why certain characters suck or you personally think the game is bad compared to 'X' FF game, it still doesn't change that other people like it. Its like trying to argue about FF7, FFX or even FFXIII. Everyone has a FF game they like and another they didn't. That's what happens in a series where they try to make every game vastly different.

Only thing I'm going to add the conversation is the same thing I basically said before.  While the story in FFVIII wasn't amazing, at least it focused more on the gameplay, character customization, characters and everything else to compensate.  And that's what made it good.  And not every FF game can claim that either.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Qays said:

The laughing scene was forced and akward because developers wanted it that way.  The other characters even thought that Tidus and Yuna were losing their minds.  They do have great chemistry if you actually pay attention to some of the dialogue.  Their romance felt very genuine and real, espeically when you put it next to the 'I love you' 'Whatever' one moment to 'I am a Sorceress' 'I love you' the next thing Squall and Rinoa had.