By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox Evolved : SPLINTER CELL CONVICTION is heading to PS3

PROOF OF CONVICTION COMING TO PS3?? 

http://xboxevolved.e-mpire.com/article/Splinter_Cell_Conviction/6197.html

Splinter Cell: Conviction Prepares for PS3?
More possible proof that this gem will not remain an Xbox 360 exclusive for much longer
by: Dameon White
April 18, 2010

There has been quite a lot of possible evidence floating around the Internet suggesting that Ubisoft's Splinter Cell: Conviction may be heading to the PS3. First, there was mention of a PS3 version mixed in with the title platforms and then the game's Lead Programmer even mentioned it on his LinkedIn profile. Lets also not forget how comments about the PS3 game seem to not be receiving a definite no.

On Friday, GamesRadar posted an excellent argument as to why Splinter Cell: Conviction will go to the PS3 and we're inclined to agree with those assessments on the basis that they are 100% true.

Well, as of right now we might have a little more evidence that we don't know how we possibly missed this that suggests this game is indeed going multiplatform.

THERES NO "ONLY ON 360" LABEL ON THE OFFICIAL BOXART. ^^^

If you've noticed, there's no Only on Xbox tag on the box. 'But, the game is also available on PC!' you exclaim? Well, when has that ever stopped the powers at be from still putting that tag on the box? Remember, according to Microsoft's own mouth they consider a game to be an exclusive as long as it's not available on another console. They don't count the support for PC as grounds for non-exclusivity.

And, before you begin saying that Microsoft doesn't do that any more you may want to take a look at the boxart for the last exclusive released that was also on PC, Metro 2033.

If you were bragging about this game to your PS3 owning friends you might want to stop, as things are not looking in 360's favor for this remaining an exclusive much longer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it may release on PS3 pretty soon, instead of looking at the press boxart ive found these below....

metro 2033 has the logo but conviction doesnt?

i think they should release it on ps3 in a few months time.

------------------------------------------------

but then again divinity 2 also doesnt have the ^^^  logo on, so it may swing either side

THOUGHTS?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

case closed?

lol pwnt by the guy above :D

That doesn't mean much:

dsister44 said:

case closed?

well i did close post with the divinity packshot. but i have feeling it still may release at some point.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

shadow run isnt really the best example. In truth i tend to think this will be out on PS3 in 6 months. Not that i give a monkeys.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Shadowrun

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Also:

well this really doesn't mean much because I'm talking about my ps3 exclusives. but my copy of uncharted and mgs4 don't say only for playstation on them either

others have already posted tons of examples on the 360. what I find odd is why even have a "only for" tag if it's not used consistently on either system. especially when the # of exclusives is so low that the consoles need to brag about em

Isn't Conviction also released on PC?

How could it say "only on xbox 360"?