By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game had the best story of all time?

Snesboy said:
Madden NFL 2004.

It just had such a strong narrative.

I slightly preferred 08's story but its just an opinion.

Around the Network

the only game with a story i cared for was bioshock. Didn't really LOVE the gameplay but the story kept me going. Back when i was 5 I thought pokemon yellow has an amazing story as well...

Khuutra said:
EarthBound. Mother 3.

ICO. Shadow of the Colossus.

Fallout. KotOR II.

Haven't played Planescape yet, though.

This I can agree with, except I haven't played Fallout and KotOR II.

I'm currently playing through psychonauts it's really good but Brutal Legend is really good and I've actually beat it so for now that tops the comedy genre.

I'd probably go with Final Fantasy IV as well, not as artsy as some of the other picks, but a really likeable hero, and its got a lot of twists and turns you just don't see in the Final Fantasy series anymore.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Trentonater said:
not HALO.
Were no strangers to eat,
you know McDonalds and so do i,
not going on a diet no no no,
your not gonna get good food from any other place,
i just want to tell you how i'm feelin, and now i'm feeling really full, never gonna buy salads
never gonna leave fries behind,
never gonna go around to burger king.
never gonna throw food out and not finish it

Ladies and gentleman, I present to you the next Soulja Boy.

mass effect
zelda ocarina of time

Around the Network

KOTOR probably. KOTOR II was memorable as well. I usually really like the stories in all of BioWare's games. I'm playing Jade Empire right now, and it's not an exception.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

The plot twist in Wii Fit was nothing short of spectacular.

Final Fantasy VI and Earthbound. Also the MGS series.

The whole Twisted Metal series. This is the only series in gaming that I've beaten every single game, on all difficulties, with every character and even died to get the bad endings. They weren't the best ever story-wise but they all had a perfect sarcastic, humorous and dark ending to fit the game.

I personally think the game with the best story is the story that best fits the mood of the game.

Final Fantasy series is a close 2nd with Crash Bandicoot a near 3rd.

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

Khuutra said:
EarthBound. Mother 3.

ICO. Shadow of the Colossus.

Fallout. KotOR II.

Haven't played Planescape yet, though.

Man, I want to play Mother 3 so bad.  I wish I could read Japanese.