By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2 platinum date

Hmmm... It seems to still be selling fine at the moment, so I think they could probably wait a little while longer for this re-release

Around the Network

Are platinums $30 or $40 usually? (I mean release price)

Plus it will have that boxart changed, right? With a rectangular space around the original boxart?

Yes what I was waiting for! Hoping to grab this with the normal cover at a discounted price just before the platinum release.

Also could grab Dragon Age - looking for an RPG, unless Valkyria Chronicles gets trophy patched.

The only good thing about a platinum release is that the normal cased games get the discount too, as i cannot stand those ugly platinum and yellow boxes... I already have Uncharted 2 and ACIT but think i might grab up Dragon Age: Origins at the nice price of £19.99

Hopefully plat boosts its sales.

I'm not sure why the plat box covers are so ugly. I reckon if they actually gave them an alternate box cover that didn't suck people would be more inclined to buy them.

As it is, I can't bring myself to ever buy one of those platinum cover games as they're downright (f)ugly. When I got infamous, I made sure to get the original cover and not the platinum one.

I want this game to sell many millions more. It deserves it....(how many times have you heard that before :P)

Around the Network

It does seem quite soon. TBH box art doesn't bother me it's still the same game. Since buying a PS3 in November all my games have been brought for £20 or less R&C: tools of destruction, wipeout hd fury, killzone 2, metal gear solid 4, infamous I even picked up GTA4 for £12 new in the orginal box art (Now that's a steal)

leo-j said:
here's hoping crack in time goes $29.99 by FALL

That's what I'm after.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

cura said:
Hopefully plat boosts its sales.

I'm not sure why the plat box covers are so ugly. I reckon if they actually gave them an alternate box cover that didn't suck people would be more inclined to buy them.

As it is, I can't bring myself to ever buy one of those platinum cover games as they're downright (f)ugly. When I got infamous, I made sure to get the original cover and not the platinum one.

Same here. They're hideous.

It almost feels like you're not owning the real game with platinums.

I'm with MAO on this one.

They should wait, give it another holiday sale at full price (it'll sell regardless, it's one of the top titles of the console). Why throw away quite a lot of money per copy by giving it a platinum release already? Unless they want a GOTY-edition for Christmas.

Squall_Leonhart said:
The only good thing about a platinum release is that the normal cased games get the discount too, as i cannot stand those ugly platinum and yellow boxes... I already have Uncharted 2 and ACIT but think i might grab up Dragon Age: Origins at the nice price of £19.99

Well, why not take a look here for Dragon Age: Origins, just £15!

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PlayStation-3/Dragon-Age-Origins/~r342935/