By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you expect from Capcom for the Wii at Captivate?

Arfen said:
I'm not expwcting nothing at all.. This year with TvsC, MHTri.. the have done enough. A new Viewtifu Joe? a new IP?

I only want no ports and no more rail-shooters.

So.... you are expecting something??

Just kidding, I'm bored >_>

Around the Network

I'm hoping for a HD port of RE Umbrella Chronicles & Darkside Chronicles for Move & Natal.

About upcoming Capcom Wii games, I have no clue.

I would love a new game.

Maybe a new Megaman Legends, Demon's Crest, Darkstalkers, Power Stone, they have a lot of good franchises, or a completely NEW GOOD game, like what they did with Zack & Wiki.

Or if we are talking about ports....

A Devil May Cry compilation, Onimusha Compilation, Lost Planet, or something else.

I would love a full retail Megaman game for the Wii. As in worth full retail. Sadly, this will never happen =/

Innervate said:
trestres said:
That won't happen, Capcom wants to retain the retro feel.

That's a terrible excuse. New Super Mario Bros: Wii still retains the old 2D Mario feel and fun, without resorting to such gammicks like 8-bit style graphics and screen flicker/slowdown. Capcom just doesn't want the costs associated with a big budget Classic Mega Man game.

I meant style, not feel. Are you happy? Your excuse is pretty terrible though, why don't they spend money on a modern Megaman adaptation but  do spend money on modern adaptations of Bionic Commando, 1942, Wolf of the Battlefield, Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom, etc some of which are smaller smaller IP's?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
trestres said:
Innervate said:
trestres said:

That's a terrible excuse. New Super Mario Bros: Wii still retains the old 2D Mario feel and fun, without resorting to such gammicks like 8-bit style graphics and screen flicker/slowdown. Capcom just doesn't want the costs associated with a big budget Classic Mega Man game.

I meant style, not feel. Are you happy? Your excuse is pretty terrible though, why don't they spend money on a modern Megaman adaptation but  do spend money on modern adaptations of Bionic Commando, 1942, Wolf of the Battlefield, Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom, etc some of which are smaller smaller IP's?

Plus they already sort of went a similar route with the PSP MegaMan remakes.  Those bombed, while MM9 was a pretty big success...

Innervate said:
trestres said:

Wait, what? O_o    Capcom doesn't want the cost associated with a big budget Classic Mega Man game? Retro == Classic. Nes is Classic. I think you don't know what your talking about in regards to what Classic means. I think you missed the Classic era by 9 years? I was playing and sucking at the original Mega Man when it came out. 1-4 are Classic.

Anyways, yeah I suppose they could do a graphical upgrade. I suspect the Classic style is there for two reasons. They was to capture the old classic hardcore style of play and to reduce size over head. If they went NSMB Wii style they would need to put it on disc. They definitly prefer download.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

so the embargos lift Monday?

I'd still like to see MMX9 with SNES visuals on WW/XBLA/PSN.

That's what I heard. Kotaku said Tuesday, but Capcom said Monday lol.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies