By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Without a doubt in my mind Kratos would annihilate Link.

RolStoppable said:
Link could grow by a factor of like 1,000 by wearing the Giant's Mask in Majora's Mask. That way he could squash Kratos like a fly.

The same way Kronos squashed Kratos like a fly in GoW3, i guess.

/sarcasm

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

Around the Network
letsdance said:
With items and weapons link gets annihilated.With just natural ability (what I think xbbj was talking about) link still gets slaughtered.I have no clue how people can argue any other way.

That's because you badly want Kratos to win for some silly reason.  If you actually looked at things nuetrally it's pretty clear why Kratos would lose.

The fact that you thought Zeus would beat Ganon is just... silly.

Ganon is a dimensional level reality manipulator.  He's like Nightmare or Mephisto in Marvel... or Nekron in DC.

Kasz216 said:
letsdance said:
With items and weapons link gets annihilated.With just natural ability (what I think xbbj was talking about) link still gets slaughtered.I have no clue how people can argue any other way.

That's because you badly want Kratos to win for some silly reason.  If you actually looked at things nuetrally it's pretty clear why Kratos would lose.

Ganon is a dimensional level reality manipulator.  He's like Nightmare or Mephisto in Marvel... or Nekron in DC.

Link doesn't stand a chance. He is no more bad ass then William Wallace or Robin Hood or King Arthur. Kratos on the other hand would be comparable to Hercules or Achilles

letsdance said:
Kasz216 said:
letsdance said:

Link doesn't stand a chance. He is no more bad ass then William Wallace or Robin Hood or King Arthur. Kratos on the other hand would be comparable to Hercules or Achilles

Yes, cause William Wallce, Robin Hood and King Arthur took on dimension level reality warpers.

None of those 3 could even beat an Octorok.

Once again, you can't see the facts, because of your overwhelming ignorance about one of the competitors.

It's like saying Superman could beat Silver Surfer.

Kasz216 said:
lets dance said:
Kasz216 said:
lets dance said:

That's because you badly want Kratos to win for some silly reason.  If you actually looked at things neutrally it's pretty clear why Kratos would lose.

Yes, cause William Wallace, Robin Hood and King Arthur took on dimension level reality warpers.

I bet Robin Hood would be able to if you gave him a light arrow to go along with his bow... Robin Hoods fighting ability is probably equal to Links. Link just has nifty items to help him along. BTW where are you getting this reality warp crap from? From my understanding of the 3 games I beat with Ganon in it he is just a power hungry sorcerer. Legend of Zelda (granted I was probablly 5) Twilight Princess and Ocarina of time.

Around the Network
letsdance said:
Kasz216 said:
lets dance said:
Kasz216 said:
lets dance said:

That's because you badly want Kratos to win for some silly reason.  If you actually looked at things neutrally it's pretty clear why Kratos would lose.

Yes, cause William Wallace, Robin Hood and King Arthur took on dimension level reality warpers.

I bet Robin Hood would be able to if you gave him a light arrow to go along with his bow... Robin Hoods fighting ability is probably equal to Links. Link just has nifty items to help him along. BTW where are you getting this reality warp crap from? From my understanding of the 3 games I beat with Ganon in it he is just a power hungry sorcerer. Legend of Zelda (granted I was probablly 5) Twilight Princess and Ocarina of time.

Play "A link to the past".

Also, no... he's not just a "power hungry sorcerer".

For one... he has the Triforce of Power... which puts Zeus to shame.

Kasz216 said:
letsdance said:
Kasz216 said:
letsdance said:

Yes, cause William Wallce, Robin Hood and King Arthur took on dimension level reality warpers.

Once again, you can't see the facts, because of your overwhelming ignorance about one of the competitors.

It's like saying Superman could beat Silver Surfer.

Anyone who believes this should be shot.

i said this before and i will say it again...

Kratos

vs...

..dante

now THATS a real fight!

Kasz216 said:
Xbbjf9s said:
Kasz216 said:
Xbbjf9s said:
Khuutra said:
Xbbjf9s said:
letsdance said:
Kasz216 said:

Also... divine beings are magic.  The Triforce afterall is made by... divine beings.

In order to take away that magic you would need to make kratos cease to exist which would make the arguement all in void. its not like it was a gift from a god or something. He didn't assk for Zues to be his sperm donor.

Exactly!!!!

Hey you're the one who wanted to get rid of magic. Kratos without magic is just a normal guy, son of Zeus or not (kind of like Perseus) - if Kratos keeps some degree of his strength, does Link keep the Triforce?

I meant magical items. Sorry, I am working and reading this at the same time.

In which you need to ask yourself... aren't i just limiting this so Kratos can win?

It's like asking who would win in a fight between Batman and Superman, if we took away all of supermans powers.

Link has been around forever, if youare going by what the devs give him he wins due to the fact that he has thousands of items...nowwhere near a fair fight.

It's not really the items Kratos should be worried about.

It's the Triforce.

Kratos and Link baseline... are much weaker then Kratos and Link vs "bosses"

Kratos is only about as powerful as any other half god, he only gets to "God killing" status due to the power of Hope.

Link goes to "God killing" satus due to the Triforce of Courage... which greatly enhances all of his stats... the bigger the threat, the more power it pulls out.

Kratos "hope" powerup isn't going to activate vs Link, who is so purehearted it makes you sick to your stomach a little bit. Kratos isn't going to be capped at the top of his power... he's going to be in his "Warrior of Sparta" form.

Link's Tri-force powerup would however still be active.

Additionally, the Triforce of Courage is just a stronger mcguffin then Hope.

In general because of who link is... Kratos won't be able to "rise to the occasion."

Not true, kratos did not want to fight hercules...we all know how that ended. He had no intention of killing Hephestus until he attacked him, if link is the aggressor he will "rise to the occasion". Kratos has a sense of morality, he isn't a bloodthirsty beast.

Kasz216 said:
letsdance said:
Kasz216 said:
lets dance said:
Kasz216 said:
lets dance said:

Play "A link to the past".

Also, no... he's not just a "power hungry sorcerer".

For one... he has the Triforce of Power... which puts Zeus to shame.

Ganon was first given a (meager) back story in A Link to the Past. It was revealed that Ganon had not always been the boar-like demon introduced in The Legend of Zelda. He was revealed to once have been a human by the name of Ganondorf (ガノンドロフ, Ganondorofu) and leader of a group of thieves.

Looks to me he is a "human by the name of Ganondorf (ガノンドロフ, Ganondorofu) and leader of a group of thieves." Thge triforce might give him more power but how are you comparing it to Zues? I've seen nothing in the games I've played to suggest Ganon > Zues.