By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Without a doubt in my mind Kratos would annihilate Link.

Xbbjf9s said:

True but all I have to say is Ryu Hayabusa owns all....even kratos

Well it's pretty hard to argue against Ryu Hayabusa but the topic ain't about him

Around the Network
Xbbjf9s said:
Khuutra said:
Xbbjf9s said:
Kasz216 said:

I... can't tell if your argueing for Link in the first part, or Kratos in the second part based on that statement.

Since they've both been fighting since childhood.

I'm in favor of kratos, spartans are the best warriors history has known (i'm sure you know about some greek history) a shield does not give Link more of advantage...he can block with one blade an attack with another.

If we take away all the magic, Kratos doesn't even have the Blades of Chaos/Athena/Exile. Check out the ending of Chains of Olympus. He'd be down to a normal sword and shield.

True, I forgot all about that but my spartan logic stands. He is bred just for fighting, all spartans were and correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he a captain or a general in the spartan army?

It doesn't though... Spartan Warriors really weren't head and shoulders above other greeks.  It was more propaganda then reality.

Once the Greeks started fighting Strength vs Strength, the spartans started losing.

Khuutra said:
letsdance said:
Hand to hand kratos would rip link apart too. Kratos is the son of zues.

I mean fuck... Link isn't even effected by bombs though...

That doesn't really mean much - without his magic, Kratos is only as strong as a normal guy, which is why his lineage was secret for so long.

Its not magic that gives him strength though. Its from being a an offspring from a devine being. Example: Hercules

letsdance said:
Khuutra said:
letsdance said:

That doesn't really mean much - without his magic, Kratos is only as strong as a normal guy, which is why his lineage was secret for so long.

Its not magic that gives him strength though. Its from being a an offspring from a devine being. Example: Hercules

Counterpoint: Kratos had the strength of a normal guy during his entire time as a general of the Spartan army (it's why the Barbarian King was able to beat him), and had the strength of a normal guy during the Elysium Fields scene in Chains of Olympus.

Also, spartan fighting style was built SOLEY on line formations...

when the lines broke... the Spartans were hopeless. Spartans relied on their neighbor to protect them.

In a one on one fight... Spartans aren't the best.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
letsdance said:
Khuutra said:
letsdance said:

Counterpoint: Kratos had the strength of a normal guy during his entire time as a general of the Spartan army (it's why the Barbarian King was able to beat him), and had the strength of a normal guy during the Elysium Fields scene in Chains of Olympus.

Also... divine beings are magic.  The Triforce afterall is made by... divine beings.

Link belongs to maybe one of the few games I 'personally' like in the Nintendo line up but Kratos will whoop his ass!

this is like one of those Dragon ballz vs. some other anime thread....useless cuz it DBZ is a manga about very powerful characters!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Kasz216 said:
caz604 said:
Xbbjf9s said:
Kasz216 said:
Xbbjf9s said:
Kasz216 said:
Xbbjf9s said:
How about we cut out all the magical crap an dgo by pur fighting skill. Link's sword and sheild vs Kratos blades?

No magic, no godhoods etc... Kratos wins, unless it's a combined link.

Just pure fighting skill, all other stats even?  Link wins.  Mostly just due to weapon advantage in matchups... Sword and Shield is going to beat dual swords.

really? so a man that has been fighting since child hood would lose based on pure skill?

I... can't tell if your argueing for Link in the first part, or Kratos in the second part based on that statement.

Since they've both been fighting since childhood.

I'm in favor of kratos, spartans are the best warriors history has known (i'm sure you know about some greek history) a shield does not give Link more of advantage...he can block with one blade an attack with another.

I like this branch of parameters... it'd be interesting.  I remember watching a show "Deadliest Warrior" and while not conclusive was entertaining. 

I might still have to go with Link, as you yourself have said that Spartan Warriors and their tactics were at one time or another legendary.  Links sword and shield, while not being a spear, depending how you play Link, mimics Spartan combat.

But damn it'll be close as again taking it loosely as per the Deadliest Warrior, dual blades are damn nasty.

The problem with Deadliest warrior is it doesn't take into account AI.  The Ninjas lost to a gladiator... (or maybe it was spartan).

In their heavy armor... they should never be able to catch the Ninja... who would be free to keep his distant and "spam" ranged attacks.

Yeah I know, and they used a formula that they didnt divulge to determine how they came up with the numbers.  But going by evenly matched individuals with same experience with the weapons that were part of these parameters, I would still guess the same conclusion.

I game.  You game.  We game.

I'm a videogamer, not a fanboy, but have a special place for Nintendo.

Current Systems Owned: NSwitch/PS4/XONE/WiiU/3DS/2DS/PCGaming Rig-i7/ASUS i7 Gaming Laptop.

Previous Game Consoles:  PS3/Xbox360/Wii/DSL/Pretty much every one thats been released since the Atari 2600.

Khuutra said:
letsdance said:
Khuutra said:
letsdance said:

I don't have a PSP and don't plan on having one. But I watched a few cutscenes from CoO and it looks like he is stronger than an average man back then. Also, I don't know how the barbarian king fight played out but that was in the middle of a war not one on one. Also, Kratos was still mortal in the first GoW and he was still fucking shit up left and right. Also, the weapons aries gives him are seared onto his skin. The pain would make any normal human pass out

Kasz216 said:
Khuutra said:
letsdance said:
Khuutra said:
letsdance said:

Also... divine beings are magic.  The Triforce afterall is made by... divine beings.

In order to take away that magic you would need to make kratos cease to exist which would make the arguement all in void. its not like it was a gift from a god or something. He didn't assk for Zues to be his sperm donor.