By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Without a doubt in my mind Kratos would annihilate Link.

letsdance said:
Khuutra said:
letsdance said:

Its not magic that gives him strength though. Its from being a an offspring from a devine being. Example: Hercules

Counterpoint: Kratos had the strength of a normal guy during his entire time as a general of the Spartan army (it's why the Barbarian King was able to beat him), and had the strength of a normal guy during the Elysium Fields scene in Chains of Olympus.

I don't have a PSP and don't plan on having one. But I watched a few cutscenes from CoO and it looks like he is stronger than an average man back then. Also, I don't know how the barbarian king fight played out but that was in the middle of a war not one on one. Also, Kratos was still mortal in the first GoW and he was still fucking shit up left and right. Also, the weapons aries gives him are seared onto his skin. The pain would make any normal human pass out

Believe me, he's not. He only gains his strength back by taking his sins back unto himself (nice counterpoint to GoW3).

He wasn't really mortal as soon as he took the Blades of Chaos onto himself (it pained him greatly when they were seared on if you remember, but after that he wouldn't really feel it) - I mean he was still a mortal, but he had strength invested through him as the scion of Ares and the wielder of the Blades of Chaos. Take those away and he was just a normal guy who Link would still kill.

Around the Network
letsdance said:
Kasz216 said:
Khuutra said:
letsdance said:
Khuutra said:
letsdance said:
Hand to hand kratos would rip link apart too. Kratos is the son of zues.

I mean fuck... Link isn't even effected by bombs though...

That doesn't really mean much - without his magic, Kratos is only as strong as a normal guy, which is why his lineage was secret for so long.

Its not magic that gives him strength though. Its from being a an offspring from a devine being. Example: Hercules

Counterpoint: Kratos had the strength of a normal guy during his entire time as a general of the Spartan army (it's why the Barbarian King was able to beat him), and had the strength of a normal guy during the Elysium Fields scene in Chains of Olympus.

Also... divine beings are magic.  The Triforce afterall is made by... divine beings.

In order to take away that magic you would need to make kratos cease to exist which would make the arguement all in void. its not like it was a gift from a god or something. He didn't assk for Zues to be his sperm donor.

He never was a normal guy.

letsdance said:
Kasz216 said:
Khuutra said:
letsdance said:
Khuutra said:
letsdance said:
Hand to hand kratos would rip link apart too. Kratos is the son of zues.

I mean fuck... Link isn't even effected by bombs though...

That doesn't really mean much - without his magic, Kratos is only as strong as a normal guy, which is why his lineage was secret for so long.

Also... divine beings are magic.  The Triforce afterall is made by... divine beings.

In order to take away that magic you would need to make kratos cease to exist which would make the arguement all in void. its not like it was a gift from a god or something. He didn't assk for Zues to be his sperm donor.

I guess link wins then via noncontest.

Xbbjf9s said:
letsdance said:
Kasz216 said:

Exactly!!!!

Hey you're the one who wanted to get rid of magic. Kratos without magic is just a normal guy, son of Zeus or not (kind of like Perseus) - if Kratos keeps some degree of his strength, does Link keep the Triforce?

Khuutra said:
Xbbjf9s said:
letsdance said:
Kasz216 said:

Exactly!!!!

Hey you're the one who wanted to get rid of magic. Kratos without magic is just a normal guy, son of Zeus or not (kind of like Perseus) - if Kratos keeps some degree of his strength, does Link keep the Triforce?

I meant magical items. Sorry, I am working and reading this at the same time.

Around the Network
Xbbjf9s said:
Khuutra said:
Xbbjf9s said:
letsdance said:
Kasz216 said:

Exactly!!!!

In which you need to ask yourself... aren't i just limiting this so Kratos can win?

It's like asking who would win in a fight between Spiderman and Superman, if we took away all superpowers related to being an alien.

Kasz216 said:
Xbbjf9s said:
Khuutra said:
Xbbjf9s said:
letsdance said:
Kasz216 said:

Exactly!!!!

In which you need to ask yourself... aren't i just limiting this so Kratos can win?

It's like asking who would win in a fight between Batman and Superman, if we took away all of supermans powers.

Link has been around forever, if youare going by what the devs give him he wins due to the fact that he has thousands of items...nowwhere near a fair fight.

big fan of link. but against kratos. with the ability to stop time. don't think so. srry

Xbbjf9s said:
Kasz216 said:
Xbbjf9s said:
Khuutra said:
Xbbjf9s said:
letsdance said:
Kasz216 said:

Exactly!!!!

It's like asking who would win in a fight between Batman and Superman, if we took away all of supermans powers.

Link has been around forever, if youare going by what the devs give him he wins due to the fact that he has thousands of items...nowwhere near a fair fight.

It's not really the items Kratos should be worried about.

It's the Triforce.

Kratos and Link baseline... are much weaker then Kratos and Link vs "bosses"

Kratos is only about as powerful as any other half god, he only gets to "God killing" status due to the power of Hope.

Link goes to "God killing" satus due to the Triforce of Courage... which greatly enhances all of his stats... the bigger the threat, the more power it pulls out.

Kratos "hope" powerup isn't going to activate vs Link, who is so purehearted it makes you sick to your stomach a little bit. Kratos isn't going to be capped at the top of his power... he's going to be in his "Warrior of Sparta" form.

Link's Tri-force powerup would however still be active.

Additionally, the Triforce of Courage is just a stronger mcguffin then Hope.

In general because of who link is... Kratos won't be able to "rise to the occasion."

With items and weapons link gets annihilated.

with just natural ability (what I think xbbj was talking about as it would still leave him as half god since being born is natural.) link still gets slaughtered.I have no clue how people can argue any other way.