By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - why can't we just talk about the facts ?

Ssenkahdavic said:
Tanstalas said:
Joel12345 said:
Fact 360 is more expensive then a ps3 even the arcade you still need a good hardrive(250GB),wifi,Xbox live,and rechargeable batteries,you still dont get blu ray
200+100+100+35+50=$485(I rounded up i think but still cost more than a ps3

^^This is fact

To get the exact same experience (with controller, saving games on the HDD, playing online, etc) yes.

Does not exclude the FACT that you do not need any of these things to enjoy the product.

Below may not be suitable for minors: 

I can enjoy going to the rippers as well, however, if I want a better experience I need to pay that $15 for the lap dance, and the $8 per beer :P

The added stuff you get for free makes me enjoy the PS3 more than the 360 :)

Though I do love me some 360 as well :)

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Fine!

When a mummy and a daddy love each other very much...........

militant storks steal their baby and carry it to some prude american couple that never was taught how to make an own one?

Because preferences are based on opinions. Facts usually confuse the issue more than honest statements about your gaming opinions and your rationale behind a given choice. (Provided you don't try to squeeze the word "fact" in your reason.)

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

This topic is just too funny

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Kantor said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
somebody said a while back thatL.BP was a faliure. is that a fact i think not. 3m sold

Of course it's a failure. It didn't kill the Wii, sell 10 million copies or cure cancer.

in that case m.w.2 is a failure because it took this long to sale 20m. it should have done that the day it came out. gears of war1-2 should have sold 20m by now so its a failure to. halo i hate the series but because it didn't sale 20m and its been out for this long its a failure to. man you make no sence!!

Let me state just a few facts relevant to this thread.

According to your user profile you're 24 and live in the US, bearing that in mind I would concentrate your spare time on learning some basic grasp of the English language.  I would pay particular attention to spelling, grammar and use of punctuation.  This might actually mean you learn some relevant facts rather than just recycled crap from 2-3 years ago.

I'm not normally a nob when it comes to peoples posts on here but having just wasted a minute of my life trying to read 3 or 4 of your horrendously written posts I felt I needed to rant to make myself feel better about not being able to get that time back. 

Around the Network

...because the facts have nothing to do with the truth!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

FACTS:
Wii is the fastest selling console

Wii has the worst 3rd party support of all 3 consoles this gen and the worst of all leading consoles (best selling console per generation such as PS1, PS2 etc)

Wii is a panzer when it comes to failure rates

PS3 is selling amazing for its price.. it came out at 600$ and € in EU and it still outsold 360 for a while in EU.. The PS3 has always been higher priced with lower quality online and less quality games (atleast some say) and still manages to sell higher then the Xbox 360.

PS3 failure rate is getting higher

PS3 had the most critically acclaimed library of 2008, 2009 and likely also 2010.

Xbox 360 failure rates were the highest any console has ever had, but they have now dropped.

Microsoft is the first company that dares to charge for online, and they succeeded.

Xbox 360 has alot less momentum then both other consoles.. It is losing from a higher priced console with (supposedly) less good games and inferior online.

NATAL has a huge chance of failing

PS Move has a huge chance of failing

FACT: PS3 is very likely to outsell the Xbox 360 someday, wether its next year or in 3 years.. it will wich is good if you see the prices etc.

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Kantor said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
somebody said a while back thatL.BP was a faliure. is that a fact i think not. 3m sold

Of course it's a failure. It didn't kill the Wii, sell 10 million copies or cure cancer.

in that case m.w.2 is a failure because it took this long to sale 20m. it should have done that the day it came out. gears of war1-2 should have sold 20m by now so its a failure to. halo i hate the series but because it didn't sale 20m and its been out for this long its a failure to. man you make no sence!!

Of course MW2 is a failure. But at least it's not kiddy like LBP.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

reggin_bolas said:
We can. PS3 is still in a distant 3rd place. That's a fact. Conclusion (informed opinion) the PS3 has been a failure so far.

Because of people like this guy, who splice facts with there own subjective opinions and then try to pass of the entire statement, laideded with there own opinion as a fact. 

And then there's of course situations where people present certain facts, leaving out others in order to manipulate the truth, or at least to intentionally remain ignorant. 

slowmo said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Kantor said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Let me state just a few facts relevant to this thread.

According to your user profile you're 24 and live in the US, bearing that in mind I would concentrate your spare time on learning some basic grasp of the English language.  I would pay particular attention to spelling, grammar and use of punctuation.  This might actually mean you learn some relevant facts rather than just recycled crap from 2-3 years ago.

I'm not normally a nob when it comes to peoples posts on here but having just wasted a minute of my life trying to read 3 or 4 of your horrendously written posts I felt I needed to rant to make myself feel better about not being able to get that time back. 

srry. the bad grammar comes from chatting on line. you no. making words shorter.