By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Graphics Whore Showdown Round 12: MGS4 vs Splinter Cell: Conviction

Graphics Whore Showdown Round 12: MGS4 vs Splinter Cell: Conviction

Metal Gear Solid 4 255 80.44%

Splinter Cell: Conviction 62 19.56%

Total:317
brainiacxiii said:

This is a joke, right? MGS4 1080p SC:C 568P. Metal Gear has twice the resolution, Splinter Cell isn;t even HD...

This is purely a graphic's issue and the two games do not compare what so ever. These screen shots are very innacurate. MGS4 720 or 1080p is high def where as splintercell is not. These screen have been resized multiple times, there is heavy corruption. MGS4 is still the most stunning game in my oppinion, the vegetation and facial animation is not as good as Uncharted, granted, but the game overall is much more polished. Splinter Cell looks good for a sub-HD title and has more realistic skin textures than MGS4. MGS4 wins in every other concievable way with twice the resolution, twice the detail, they don;t really compare at all.

Nothing on the 360 looks better than mass effect 2 and ME2 looks better than splinter cell.

As for comments about the corrupted screenshots above, one is an ingame corrupted shot, the other isn;t in game at all, there is no way to compare them, the skin textures look much better when mgs4 is actually running though, this scrren makes her look plastic. SC has better skin textures, thought

Exactly!

I remember reading somewhere that they could of pushed MGS4 up to 1536p and it being 60 fps while only using %10 of the true power of the PS3.

Im glad they didnt port it to Xbox, no one wants 10 disc and graphics like this

and NO cut scenes at all.

Link (Dont click)

Around the Network

Supposebly MGS4 is HD

1024 x 768

so the native resolution is higher than the standard HD resolution, but I don't get what the 1024 means..

So I guess its equivalent to 720P.

the game runs from 30-60fps, and its graphics are jaw dropping to this date imo.. I say better than Uncharted 1.

mM

Sadly I think even after 2 years, SC:C can't touch MGS4 in the graphics department :S

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Garnett said:
chapset said:

gotta go with mgs4, the only good looking character in splinter cell is sam himself

Damn look at all the detail on the girl on top.

/sarcasm

play dough people FTL!

did you play both games? did you see emma's ugly ass hair (what ever her name is) when you get capture, it's like they took a bunch of crayolla to color her hair, I mean games are all about hair the best hair always win and her hair just killed the game, I was so disgusted I stop playing hahaha, also there's no fucking stealth in the game it's just an other action game

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:
Garnett said:
chapset said:

gotta go with mgs4, the only good looking character in splinter cell is sam himself

Damn look at all the detail on the girl on top.

/sarcasm

play dough people FTL!

did you play both games? did you see emma's ugly ass hair (what ever her name is) when you get capture, it's like they took a bunch of crayolla to color her hair, I mean games are all about hair the best hair always win and her hair just killed the game, I was so disgusted I stop playing hahaha, also there's no fucking stealth in the game it's just an other action game

You have fun playing with play dough people and no detail in the hair and ill enjoy games with detail and crayola hair.

Around the Network

I think people are forgeting that Conviction has been demolished and re-built several times. They couldn't make up their minds of where the game was going. Lets also not forget Splinter Cell Conviction is (I believe?) using the older Unreal tech. It's a nice looking game, but obviously the graphics are better in Metal Gear Solid 4. The Cut Scenes in MGS4 are just beautiful while Conviction has some pretty "meh" compressed cut scenes.

More games should go in game with their cut scenes. Mass Effect 2 looks beautiful with It's in game cut scenes.

It's just that simple.

Wow I like the direction some 360 fans are taking now. So whenever we do polls that pits PS3 games against 360 games and if the PS3 wins we should just disregard it as Bias?....

MGS4 is a really impressive game. Splinter Cell Conviction has been rebuilt several times over and as a result the graphics take a hit. The gameplay is stellar though. For a game coming out of 2010 and especially one coming out after Mass Effect 2 and God of War, Splinter Cell looks dated. In fact I'd say MGS4, Gears of War 1 and 2, Mass Effect 1 and 2, God of War 3 and Uncharted 2 ALL look Way Better than Conviction.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

At first I thought it'd be Splinter Cell without a doubt, but it's not. Splinter Cell has better textures, without a doubt, but it simply looks worse.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

MonstaMack said:
I think people are forgeting that Conviction has been demolished and re-built several times. They couldn't make up their minds of where the game was going. Lets also not forget Splinter Cell Conviction is (I believe?) using the older Unreal tech. It's a nice looking game, but obviously the graphics are better in Metal Gear Solid 4. The Cut Scenes in MGS4 are just beautiful while Conviction has some pretty "meh" compressed cut scenes.

More games should go in game with their cut scenes. Mass Effect 2 looks beautiful with It's in game cut scenes.

Mass Effect 2 had some compressed cutscenes as well. I don't understand everyone saying that Mass Effect 2 is the best looking game on 360. Im running it on high at 1080p on pc and the game doesn't look all that good. I think Geow 2 is much better looking.

On Topic: I have played both SCC and MGS4 (haven't yet finished SCC) and I truly think that MGS4 has better graphics. SCC is too dark and boring. it also has some AA problems and the character models are just atrocious.

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

richardhutnik said:
C_Hollomon said:
MGS4 looks better and still have better gameplay. It's my opinion and I don't need to play SCC to change my mind.

And I played MGS4 and found the controls stiff.  I found Uncharted 1 and 2 had better controls actual.  This is actually based on playing both games.  And like you I haven't played Conviction, so to offset your uninformed opinion, I will offer an equally uniformed opinion and say that SCC has better gameplay.  So, there.  Take my opinion and yours and people are then forced to evaluate things more objectively.

I have played other Splinter Cell games if that makes you happy.  I know how Splinter Cell games play.  I didn't like them much.  So I don't need to play Conviction.  How is my OPINION uninformed?