By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Graphics Whore Showdown Round 12: MGS4 vs Splinter Cell: Conviction

Graphics Whore Showdown Round 12: MGS4 vs Splinter Cell: Conviction

Metal Gear Solid 4 255 80.44%

Splinter Cell: Conviction 62 19.56%

Total:317

WTF is this?!

MGS4 beats Conviction anyday in graphics!

Around the Network
Garnett said:
binary solo said:
Garnett said:
indodude said:
Garnett said:
BW_JP said:
Garnett said:
Splinter Cell is the 360 version of UC2.

I've heard of getting the short end of the straw, but god that must suck for you guys. 

lol

We may have the short end of the straw here, but sure as hell dont have the short end on the FPS straw.

10 million straws and counting. Exclusively on Xbox 360 

:)

Call me slow, but what are you referring to lol?

-_-

What game sold more than 10 million units exclusively on 360? 

Drum roll please!!!!!!

Halo 3!!!!

And the half ass $60 expansion is almost at 5 million.

Oh man! I don't know whether you're being ultra-subtley sarcastic or whether you've blindly fallen in to the standard 360 Attack League tactic: Can't compete on the issue at hand (graphics in this case) so throw down Halo 3 sales where Halo 3 isn't even relevant for the topic.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're being very subtle in your sarcasm. In which case: LOL!!

Having said that there is an interesting correlation: if SC:C is the 360 version of UC2 from a graphics perspective, then in like manner MGS4 is the PS3 version of Halo 3 from a sales perspective. SC:C graphics don't measure up to UC2, but it's the best 360 has on offer at the moment (debateable??). MGS4 sales don't measure up to Halo 3, but it's the best PS3's got at the moment.

I haven't seen SC:C in action so I can't venture a direct opinion on how it compares to either MGS4 or UC2. The only thing I can ask is whether the OP is comparing SC:C to MGS4 because SC:C falls well short of UC2 (and GoWIII), or because the OP thinks MGS4 still reigns supreme for graphics on PS3?

At the end of the day if you're graphic whoring you've got to be clear about the context.  I'm not even sure where the OP thinks SC:C sits on the 360 only graphics scale. Is it better than ME2 & Gears 2 for instance? Is it really the best the 360 has right now?

He never said he was talking about Graphics and why does it bother you so much that Halo 3 shits on any FPS or even TPS on the other HD console's (yes i included PC just for teh lulz)

Splinter Cell has good graphics, there is actually detail in the game. Most games these days are just shiny.

Let me just say, the hole console graphics king is all opinion.

Them's fighting word buddy! Just HF itself shits all over Halo and there are hundreds of other games that I can mention. PC is still the king of FPS.

i still think mgs4 one of the best loooking game around

MGS4 graphics are still good even if its dated.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

These threads seems rather pointless because it will only cause trouble. Ps3 fans will vote for Mgs4 and 360 fans for SP:C. People that has the opportunity to play both games should vote only.

Around the Network
binary solo said:
Garnett said:
binary solo said:
Garnett said:
indodude said:
Garnett said:
BW_JP said:
Garnett said:

I've heard of getting the short end of the straw, but god that must suck for you guys. 

lol

We may have the short end of the straw here, but sure as hell dont have the short end on the FPS straw.

10 million straws and counting. Exclusively on Xbox 360 

:)

Call me slow, but what are you referring to lol?

-_-

What game sold more than 10 million units exclusively on 360? 

Drum roll please!!!!!!

Halo 3!!!!

And the half ass $60 expansion is almost at 5 million.

Oh man! I don't know whether you're being ultra-subtley sarcastic or whether you've blindly fallen in to the standard 360 Attack League tactic: Can't compete on the issue at hand (graphics in this case) so throw down Halo 3 sales where Halo 3 isn't even relevant for the topic.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're being very subtle in your sarcasm. In which case: LOL!!

Having said that there is an interesting correlation: if SC:C is the 360 version of UC2 from a graphics perspective, then in like manner MGS4 is the PS3 version of Halo 3 from a sales perspective. SC:C graphics don't measure up to UC2, but it's the best 360 has on offer at the moment (debateable??). MGS4 sales don't measure up to Halo 3, but it's the best PS3's got at the moment.

I haven't seen SC:C in action so I can't venture a direct opinion on how it compares to either MGS4 or UC2. The only thing I can ask is whether the OP is comparing SC:C to MGS4 because SC:C falls well short of UC2 (and GoWIII), or because the OP thinks MGS4 still reigns supreme for graphics on PS3?

At the end of the day if you're graphic whoring you've got to be clear about the context.  I'm not even sure where the OP thinks SC:C sits on the 360 only graphics scale. Is it better than ME2 & Gears 2 for instance? Is it really the best the 360 has right now?

He never said he was talking about Graphics and why does it bother you so much that Halo 3 shits on any FPS or even TPS on the other HD console's (yes i included PC just for teh lulz)

Splinter Cell has good graphics, there is actually detail in the game. Most games these days are just shiny.

Let me just say, the hole console graphics king is all opinion.

Oh, so you were being serious when you threw the whole Halo 3 sales thing into a graphics thread that has nothing to do with either sales or Halo 3? OK, noted for future reference thanks.

Funny you should mention SC:C having actual detail as opposed to simply being shiny. The one thing that really stood out with the stills in the OP was how much more shiny the SC:C shots are compared to the MGS4 shots. SC:C does have pretty nice detail and I'm not suggesting SC:C's relative shinyness is in any way a negative, there just seems to be more shine on SC:C than MGS4.

I certainly agree on your last point. But it's still fun to read how people respond in these threads.

I said "Splinter Cell is the 360 version of UC2"

BW_JP said "I've heard of getting the short end of the straw, but god that must suck for you guys."

He never said if he was talking about graphics or sales.

Im glad we can agree graphic king is all opinion. 

As a game, I'm definitely enjoying Splinter Cell: Conviction. But there's absolutely nothing special about the graphics in that game. Typical UE3 stuff. Yes, I'll say it. MGS4 looks better. But there are plenty of Xbox 360 games that look better than Conviction, so it's not a question of platform preference.

Garnett said:

This post is so incorrect on so many levels.

First off if ANYTHING on the 360 is relatively close to UC2, it would be either Mass Effect 2 or Alan Wake.

Spinter Cell visuals doesn't look all that great (Don't get me wrong, I plan on picking up the game), but let's be honest, we aren't talking even close to the best looking game on 360.

Mass Effect 2 has some of the best visuals this gen, regardless of which consoles I prefer -imo

| Sony Bravia 52" LCD | Sony Bravia 5.1 System |

| 20" iMac | 13" MacBook | M17X Alienware Gaming Laptop |

| 120GB Slim PS3 | 80GB Fat PS3 | 250GB Xbox 360 | Wii | PSP Go |

SC looks better, i wanna see how it looks on my pc when it comes out.

and how can SC be the uc2 on the 360 when its on the pc? 360 fanboys using a multiplat to defend the 360 how typical.