By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Graphics Whore Showdown Round 12: MGS4 vs Splinter Cell: Conviction

Graphics Whore Showdown Round 12: MGS4 vs Splinter Cell: Conviction

Metal Gear Solid 4 255 80.44%

Splinter Cell: Conviction 62 19.56%

Total:317

Actually both of these games arather weak compared to what we've seen in todays gaming..

id give slight edge to Splinter Cell.. But as I've said before Sony's first party developers (naughty dog, santa monica) are on a completely different level than any other game developer in the industry (probably cuz they were born and bread on the cell processor, and thats all they think about..

Rule of thumb.... if the game is not made by:

Santa Monica

Naughty Dog

Epic Games

Crytek

Then dont bother even discussing high quality graphics,, no game engine looks as good as these companies' as of yet.  By the way the current graphics king is God of War 3.. no doubt... my jaw was on the floor through the whole game.

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Around the Network

I don't even think this is a valid comparison.

For starters, there are better Unreal Engine games that are older than Conviction that look better. Gears of War 1 and 2, Mass Effect 1 and 2, Batman Arkham Asylum to name just a few.

The bull shots used in magazines and peppered online to demonstrate how Conviction is somehow supposed to be a contender for "best graphics" on console look nothing like the actual image seen on 1080p display, which manage the rather awesome feat of looking both jagged and blurry at the same time (even with 2xAA), due to the 1024x576p native render upscaled to 1080p.

Beyond the sub-par native render output, there was nothing of particular note in Conviction that had me believing the game was anything but average for an Unreal Engine game.

Fan goggles improve the visuals of any game apparently.

Tbone said:
These threads seems rather pointless because it will only cause trouble. Ps3 fans will vote for Mgs4 and 360 fans for SP:C. People that has the opportunity to play both games should vote only.

this. ND blody hell this guy has alot of platnums

FantasySky said:
Tbone said:
These threads seems rather pointless because it will only cause trouble. Ps3 fans will vote for Mgs4 and 360 fans for SP:C. People that has the opportunity to play both games should vote only.

this. ND blody hell this guy has alot of platnums

Lol, if u think thats many go to vgchartz trophy league.