By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Last Story - HYPE AIRSHIP -- All aboard for the Wii's Definitive RPG!

I dont wanna get TOO hyped, im still not convinced this game will make it out of Japan, but i am excited for what i have seen. Put me in the cargo hold

Around the Network

Coming out tomorrow i hoping to get my cope until the weekend ^^

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

oniyide said:

I dont wanna get TOO hyped, im still not convinced this game will make it out of Japan, but i am excited for what i have seen. Put me in the cargo hold

It is like the hype isn't around the actually game, but more of some design decisions, and they hopes that the title represents.  I won't bet against it being good, but The Conduit had a similar buzz about it.  I just find it a bit ironic a title that shows no signs coming over to the West is hyped up liked crazy, complete with its own flying city of Columbia.

I'd love to play this game man!

Put me anywhere which is free. Preferably near Darth (when he returns!)

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

@richardthehunk  well to be fair this is the same team that made Lost Odyssey which was a well liked game. Conduit is made by some B-team and it shows. As for it coming to the west yeah, some people here are absolutely sure it is coming, dont know where there getting that from. Between you and me there isnt much coming to Wii this year (so far) so maybe they are praying that this will come outside of Japan??? I want it to come to, my PS3 is getting to much crap, i dont even have the harddrive space. I want the Wii to do some more heavy lifting

Around the Network
oniyide said:

@richardthehunk  well to be fair this is the same team that made Lost Odyssey which was a well liked game. Conduit is made by some B-team and it shows. As for it coming to the west yeah, some people here are absolutely sure it is coming, dont know where there getting that from. Between you and me there isnt much coming to Wii this year (so far) so maybe they are praying that this will come outside of Japan??? I want it to come to, my PS3 is getting to much crap, i dont even have the harddrive space. I want the Wii to do some more heavy lifting

What you just wrote looks like a bunch of hopeful thinking driving the hype, beyond the game itself.  When I brought up the Conduit, it was because of this also.  My comment is the hype seems to be increasingly less to do with the game itself, and more with other things than the actual game. When this happens, the nature of the game, the developers and anything else, gets ignored.

I personally wish game hype had more to do with the game itself, rather than other things around it, related to the state of gaming on a given console.

@richardthehunk fair enough but its not like we even have a lot to go on, but the mechanics surrounding the game.

oniyide said:

@richardthehunk fair enough but its not like we even have a lot to go on, but the mechanics surrounding the game.

I find this trend troubling.  It is like the PS3 exclusive Agent.  All you got was a logo, an announcement it is a PS3 exclusive, and word it would take place in the Cold War, and BLAMMO, up popped the logo in people's signatures and they were hyping it... because it was a PS3 exclusive.  A game is promoted beyond its own merits to being much more, either a savior of a genre, savior of a console, or something that proves some point in a  console game partisan war.

Why would something with very little news except who is working on it and mechanics surrounding the game cause it to get a HYPE AIRSHIP?

By the way, I wil call myself on this also, and the risks of forming hypemobs over certain games.  With me, I launched the Kirby Epic Yarn Brigade over an E3 TRAILER of all things.  And I saw more and got more pumped.  Well, I then HAD to get the game, so I figured out how to get it.  Well, found out that the voice over was really annoying, and the game was Lego easy.  Oh, I had fun with it, but it didn't live up to my own hype and that of my imagination.  And this ended up with a game likely people knew more of than The Last Story.  Hypemobs are a very risky thing to form.  However, whenever they work, it is great.  Mass Effect 2 deserved the bandwagon it got.

Put me somewhere with a nice view :)

@richardhutnik   I never got the hype for Agent, that was weird.  At least the Last Story has gameplay footage. Like I said im not too hyped cause im not even sure ill get to play it. I try not to get too hyped anymore, cause i dont wanna be dissapointed.