By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 not to be missed games per Genre this Generation!

Eternal Sonata is blow. It should only be Top 10 RPGs if there were only 10 RPGs released this gen.

Around the Network
selnor said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
Assasins creed is a sand box game.....how is Batman fitting in that list?

Arkham Asylum itself is a sandbox... a small, closed in one.

Thats like calling Conviction or Uncharted a sandbox. Sandbox is AC or GTA or Infamous or Crackdown type games.

Uh no, Uncharted is completely linear and Arkham Asylum is all tied together and freely explorable. Whatever, forget it.

can't you use your own taste instead of metacritic? the top ones are always the big budget games that is full of hype.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

LoZ:TP should be in the adventure genre. Apart from that, it seems to be a good list, although get RE5 out of there please.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
selnor said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
Assasins creed is a sand box game.....how is Batman fitting in that list?

Arkham Asylum itself is a sandbox... a small, closed in one.

Thats like calling Conviction or Uncharted a sandbox. Sandbox is AC or GTA or Infamous or Crackdown type games.

Uh no, Uncharted is completely linear and Arkham Asylum is all tied together and freely explorable. Whatever, forget it.

I agree. Batman IS a sandbox game in that you can go pretty much anywhere at any time. Provided you have the right tools anyway. Conviction doesnt give you that option, nor does Uncharted. If I want to go to Tenzin's village after you leave, you cant. If I want to revisit a section of the Asylum I have finished, I am free too. Its just a smaller world to roam in.

Nice thread Selnor, appreciate the work going into it.

I am a gamer. Not a fanboy, not a troll, a gamer. So when you dont like what I have to say, remember this fact.

Around the Network

Oh, how that list is so flawed.

The orange Box!!!!

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

XxXProphecyXxX said:
selnor said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
BTW you only got 9/10 in the racing list you should add in Motorstorm 2 or 1 to fill it.

I count 10. ?

LOL you typed 9 twice thats why.

Some games are both 9 or both 3rd etc because they scored the same on Metacritic. It's a review score list essentially. It's the top 10 according to critics. ;)

Hack n slash is up.

Viking made a list. Had some fun with that. Same with Ninja Blade surprisingly. You almost need the two rpgenres. So many left out and the traditionalists won't be happy with that 10. GRAW feels kind of dated now. Good starting point for debate.

Platformers will be tough. TR:Legend and PoP maybe? Meta may rule them out. Not much in common with LBP but where else do you put them? Thanks for all this.

selnor: That gif/vid is disturbing. Got my pre-order in finally. Hope he's not a total wuss.