By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 not to be missed games per Genre this Generation!

@selnor

yeah keep a separate list for portable.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@selnor

yeah keep a separate list for portable.

Yeah I think we should. Maybe you could start it. Keep updating till portable gen ends. :)

Arkham Asylum is very out of place in amongst all those TPS. It should be with Zelda, Prince of Persia and Assassin's Creed type games.

Assasins creed is a sand box game.....how is Batman fitting in that list?

BTW you only got 9/10 in the racing list you should add in Motorstorm 2 or 1 to fill it.

Around the Network

"hack and slash is not really a genre."

I think it is - games like GOW, DMC, Bayonetta and the FOTNS game are kind of the children of Golden Axe and Black Tiger as much as anything else.

Zelda and Darksiders on the other hand are Action RPGs IMO, and best suited to the RPG group.

But whatever, it's just opinions these days games tend not to fit into one genre comfortably.

OT Shouldn't Super Paper Mario be in RPGs?

XxXProphecyXxX said:
BTW you only got 9/10 in the racing list you should add in Motorstorm 2 or 1 to fill it.

I count 10. ?

XxXProphecyXxX said:

Arkham Asylum itself is a sandbox... a small, closed in one.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

Arkham Asylum itself is a sandbox... a small, closed in one.

Thats like calling Conviction or Uncharted a sandbox. Sandbox is AC or GTA or Infamous or Crackdown type games.

selnor said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

I count 10. ?

LOL you typed 9 twice thats why.