By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which company makes the best commercials this gen?

Which company makes the best commercials this gen?

Sony 116 66.67%

Nintendo 31 17.82%

Microsoft 27 15.52%

Total:174
KingFate said:
KungKras said:
Despite Kevin Butler, Sony should end up with negative points for the PS3 baby ads.

Why does everyone hate those ads?

They are scary :(

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
KingFate said:
KungKras said:
Despite Kevin Butler, Sony should end up with negative points for the PS3 baby ads.

Because they sucked royally

What about them though? I thought the crazy laugh and backwards tears thing was interesting.

PSN ID: KingFate_

Wow, Nintendo has completely dominated in marketing this gen, and they still lose this poll.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Demotruk said:
Wow, Nintendo has completely dominated in marketing this gen, and they still lose this poll.

But their ads were still bad.

Halo 3, Halo ODST, Gears of War 1 and 2 commercials rip through anything Nintendo or Sony did this gen.

But looking at it as a collective, I have no clue...

Around the Network

Like from a funny stand point. I thought Kevin Butler Add's were basically some of the funniest Console Adds I've Seen

Granted. I already had a PS3. And I guess it got me to watch the commercial cause I youtubed them and I don't do that for anyones but that and the brett favre super bowl commercial. But I Kevin Butler wouldn't have convinced me to get the console.

Since Wii is winning I think Obviously Wii Had the best marketing... at getting people to want their product

From a Stand Point of entertainment Sony Wins Easily.

KungKras said:
KingFate said:
KungKras said:

They are scary :(

I am scared of those Microsoft adds where the back of the heads of people are cut out and they watch stupidly... That is also the only XBox360 add I have ever seen...

Nintendo adds works best, they sell most.

Sony because of kevin butler. prior to the kevin butler commercials however,.. i dunno but definitely not sony.

KingFate said:
Rainbird said:
KingFate said:
KungKras said:

Because they sucked royally

What about them though? I thought the crazy laugh and backwards tears thing was interesting.

I've been taught about communication for three years, and I can tell you that that ad does nothing almost nothing to sell the PS3. It just makes people go "WTF is this shit?", because Sony were relying too much on the brandpower of the PS2 to get people interested.