By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 3D dot Game Heroes, what is it?

lol @ people going round trying to prove it's a 'ripoff of Zelda' that's the point.

And the idea of the game is not so that 'PS3 owners can now experience Zelda' it's intended to invoke the feeling of notsalgia. It's targeted at past Zelda, and SNES players (on a Sony system, bit weird but nevermind)

Not like Nintendo are producing good 2D top down Zelda games anymore. The DS series is awful.

Around the Network
Xero said:
 The DS series is awful.

*GASP* How dare you!!!

The DS series is awesome!!

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Sorry :P

I just hate them. The Minish Cap and Zelda Seasons were the best.

3D Dot game heroes looks good but the big sword makes it seem a little :s I guess the big swords only there because they thought it'd be funny... I don't really find it funny though. :(

It's actually Nintendo behind it trying to convert people using Zelda-ish game.
It's a trap!

It's a throw back to the retro style of gaming with a lot of fun twists...
and if you read on it more you will see they make use of aspects from not only zelda but nuber of other games from the past as well...they are not trying to hide it or anything..it's just the purpose of the game
One of the best looking creative ideas for gaming this year

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

As mentioned many times already, it's an homage/parody (Depending on your point of view) of the incredibly incredible 2D Legend of Zelda games. And I'm not criticizing it for that. I like the DS games, but A Link to the Past & pals were freaking brilliant!

mysticwolf said:
Man, I can't believe how much of a rip-off this is of Zelda!
Nintendo should sue whoever made this game.

On the bright side, now PS3 owners can experience Zelda!

Nintendo can't do shit about it.

NES/SNES Zelda gameplay isn't patented.

Any self respecting Zelda fan should love this game and absolutely play it, not to mention THANK FromSoftware and Silicon Studios for bringing this wonderful old school styled game to us in this day and age.

Don't be a hater.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

This is actually one of the reasons I recently bought a PS3, can't wait for it :)

roll on may 14th.

i cant wait to play this game it looks amazing, just looking at gameplay vids u know this will be a blast to play

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Homage Homage Homage there is a difference between a rip off and a homage, if you can't tell the difference get back to school!

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.