By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - NATAL : ARE you comfortable at this much play distance from TV ?????????

it depends on the size of the tv.

Around the Network

Natal is a joke.

Garnett said:
MOVE is the same way.

Anyways...The Distance Is fine IMO.

Oh and LMFAO @ The way those Guys Are moving.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Judging from the guys heights I'd say it's about 5-6ft or 2 metres in euros.

Not too bad, but I'm not massively keen on the foot movement and space you'd need to flap your arms about. It's hard enough as it is trying to find room to play a Wii in most places I've played one let alone full body motion.

Gotta remember too that Natal is meant to scale to the size of your room, I hope move does the same.

Problem for me is My room is about 12ft wide so Natal might read that, but my TV is at the bottom of my bed so there's only about 3ft space between that and the end of my bed, so to play the flappy arm and leg ball game I'd have to be pretty close to the TV. :(

-Insert PSN Portable ID here-

-Insert XBL Portable ID here-

-Insert Witty Quote/Comment here-

http://reviews.cnet.com/2719-7608_7-235-2.html?tag=page;page

Wide-screen TV-viewing distances

Nearly every TV sold these days is a wide-screen HDTV, so the chart below only applies to those sets. If you have a regular TV that's not wide screen, the rule of thumb is that you should sit no closer than twice the diagonal measurement in inches. Wide-screen televisions showing high-resolution DVD and HDTV look better than regular sets, allowing you to sit closer and experience a more immersive, theater-like picture.

With wide-screen sets showing DVD or HDTV, you can sit as close as 1.5 times the screen's diagonal measurement and still not notice much of a loss in quality, while sitting farther away than three times the screen size means you're likely to miss out on the immersive feel. Here's a rundown of minimum and maximum recommended viewing distances for wide-screen sets.

16:9 TV diagonal screen sizeMin. viewing distance (in feet)Max. viewing distance (in feet)
26 3.3 6.5
30 3.8 7.6
34 4.3 8.5
42 5.3 10.5
47 5.9 11.8
50 6.3 12.5
55 6.9 12.8
60 7.5 15
65 8.1 16.2

Around the Network

that distance seems just fine for me.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

I'm actually just going to wait until E3 to make a full decision on it. I don't really see the point of judging a product like this before it has been completely demoed and displayed what it is capable of.

If it can do and handle things I'm interested in, I'll look into getting it. If it doesn't fit in with my gaming needs/wants, I will probably not get it.

To answer your question, the distance displayed in the video is a bit far for me. If that were the distance one had to stand in order to operate Natal, I probably wouldn't get it.

i cant, but only because my room isnt that big =[

Sorry I was looking at the girl... What was the question?

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

The most important thing to get from this video is footage of people playing Natal at the same time. First video footage of that functionality.