By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - NATAL : ARE you comfortable at this much play distance from TV ?????????

You know, what I can't believe is that you guys are discussing screen size and distance when you should really be worried about looking like those 2 fucking tools playing the thing. ^^;

Around the Network

I know for a fact that alot of people could never fit NATAL where they game.. I game in a little place that is like about 8 feet wide.. if I need to be that far away from the screen I would stand against the wall and unable to move..

It really is made for the living room and ONLY the living room..

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

I think the title of the thread should have been "NATAL : ARE you comfortable looking this gay playing your 360?".

From memory the minimum distance of Natal was set by the field of vision of the camera and not the size of your television. Personally that distance would be fine (would kick my couch a lot though) but would be an issue for a lot of people. But lets wait and see.

is it possible that the camera in natal could have a zoom feature?so as to adjust to your distance from your tv to compensate for limited space,i for one think that microsoft would be very foolish to not have forseen this event of people having limited accessible space in some of their homes.a solution i think we shall see at E3.

Don,t be Fanboys,Be Gamefans,Play games 4ever...GAME ON(msn)

The distance is right, and seriously, this doesn't tell how far we need to be to get full accurate readings

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

Around the Network

the girl on the couch texting got a little taste of what it means standing to close to people play that punchy kicky game,checkout 0.14 in the video.great to see some multi playa gaming on natal finally just please microsoft show us something wow.

Don,t be Fanboys,Be Gamefans,Play games 4ever...GAME ON(msn)

Imo its not the distance perse, but rather the free space distance. I mean, i sit at about that same distance from the tv as those two, but i dont have the free space they do. And i cant really be bothered with moving things around just so i can play a game.

I have a 22inch lcd so i would not be comfortable being away from the tv like that. I normally sit about 3 feet away.

LOL @ 5 ft being some massive unreasonable distance.  You all must play games the way these people do: