By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Killzone vs. Crysis

Are people actually comparing KZ2 to Crysis?

Killzone 2 is one of the best looking CONSOLE games out there but in no way is it better looking than Crysis on High-Quality settings.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
I have already proven you people wrong with my comparison videos..

Clearly Crysis looks outdated..

Yeah, everyone (even PS3 owners) are saying Crysis is better, and you are the only one defending that point.

Are you blind or something?

Lol, Killzone 2 has more graphics than Crysis.......  jesus christ -_-''

disolitude said:
gwrath said:
disolitude said:
To me Metro 2033 on very high looks better than Crysis... Its a 2+ year old game guys. It was amazing back then but games have caught up.

The majority of Metro 2033 takes place in enclosed, indoor environments, and it still is not quite as good looking as crysis. I really think people are underestimating how good crysis looks.

I think Crysis is definetly a more of a technical game when it comes to visuals.

I know Metro is mostly in coridors and hence isn't as technical but to me it just looks more pleasing to the eye...with all the particle effects and amazing lighting. Pop it in Nvidia 3D Vision and the game almost justifies spending all that cash for the 3D glasses.

I do agree that Killzone 2 does not look as good as either of those two games though...or other select few games running on PC at very high detail.

The only way Killzone 2 would have looked as good as PC FPS games is if Sony didn't include a bluray drive, wifi and all that other stuff...and instead paid Nvidia for a real video card. the 7800GTX that is in the PS3 was mediocre when PS3 came out and is complete garbage today. If Sony paid for a 8800GTX...now then PS3 would have been the visual powerhouse it was promissed to be.

play killzone 2 campaign u will be surprised.

Crysis = Open world 
Killzone 2 = Hall way shooter
If i had to make a hall way and a field look pretty in the same amount of time, then of course the hall way would look better.

Crysis = Open world 

Killzone 2 = Hall way shooter

If i had to make a hall way and a field look pretty in the same amount of time, then of course the hall way would look better.

@ Leo j

Just for the lulz

@leo-j

Before I jump in here, I just want to be 100% clear about what you are arguing...
Are you saying that KZ2 is better looking from purely a visual standpoint, or from a technical standpoint or both?

Around the Network
_mevildan said:
@leo-j

Before I jump in here, I just want to be 100% clear about what you are arguing...
Are you saying that KZ2 is better looking from purely a visual standpoint, or from a technical standpoint or both?

This post brings ups an interesting point.

While Crysis is undoubtedly superior in graphics to everyone apart of leo-j, I find KZ2 a game with better art style and color balance...

Its prettier with inferior graphics.

As much as I hate Crysis; it does look quite a lot better than Killzone 2 (yes, I have both and I've played both).
That said, Crysis has some really bad textures going on without the texture mods and is largely useless as a technical marvel without DX10.

But, seriously, this discussion has been had before in here and the conclusion is still the same; Crysis does look better.

Bamboleo said:
_mevildan said:
@leo-j

While Crysis is undoubtedly superior in graphics to everyone apart of leo-j, I find KZ2 a game with better art style and color balance...

I was going to say (if leo replied) that if it's just how it looks overall that impresses him more, then I can't argue too much with that.

If he really does think KZ2 has more advanced engineering and is more capable than Crysis' engine, then we can talk.

_mevildan said:
Bamboleo said:
_mevildan said:
@leo-j

I was going to say (if leo replied) that if it's just how it looks overall that impresses him more, then I can't argue too much with that.

If he really does think KZ2 has more advanced engineering and is more capable than Crysis' engine, then we can talk.

You guys just said exactly what I've been trying to get across this entire thread. Crysis is technically the most advanced game on the market. That cannot be refuted by anyone with any sense of what goes on in a game's engine. Metro 2 and STALKER are the only things that have tech to compare. Whether it's the prettiest or not depends on what an individual likes to see. But leo-j clearly said in one of his posts that "Crysis is outdated". So that leads me to think he believes these PS3 exclusives are superior on a technical front.

I'm trying to show him (and anyone else who disagrees) that this simply isn't true because the tech behind CryEngine 2 still hasn't been surpassed by other games on the market and I'm giving direct examples of why.

leo-j said:

@prites

considering the fact the textures in RE5 are absolutely horrid, that already makes me doubt your credibility.

False. The reason you doubt my credibility is because you don't want to agree with what I said. Out of my entire post you point out one game that you don't like the textures to and state that my credibility is at stake because you don't think it looks nice. The reason I listed that game is because many people do find it impressive visually and that's what I was listing it as.

Next, that vid I posted showed how the buildings near the blast radius broke apart and how parts flew away from the center of the blast. Guess you didn't see that though because you didn't want to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bierbLFX8e8

There's your blowing trees. Enjoy!