By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Killzone vs. Crysis

Barozi said:
leo-j said:
waron said:
leo-j, please show me killzone 2 video that looks better than this i dare you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH8dSy-lrFg

Oh please, posting CRYSIS ON ULTRA HIGH modded with the lighting at an ultra level..*shows me you yourself might have never played crysis.. who not post screens from the game yourself instead of using ULTRA HIGH footage on youtube..*

And you posted a Crysis vid, where the uploader admitted that he converted the video with Windows Movie Maker.....

@ Mazty

Actually Modern Warfare 2 is one of the few multiplat games, where the PC version really looks far better than the console version. I wouldn't say better than Killzone 2, but comparable ? Yes at least !

The Far Cry and especially the HL2 part of waron's comment is obviously not correct (Apart from resolution and AA, the 360 version of the Orange box is even superior than the PC version, because it runs on the updated Source engine.)

If you count the Cinematic Mod for HL2, then yes it looks better than Killzone 2 ^^

Er what?

The PC version looks like ass. And how is 4x MSAA any good? The game has blatantly been graphically crippled thanks to the consoles and lazy devs and Killzone 2 on a HD TV is miles better than MW2 which has poor AA, awful sound and awful lighting which makes identifying a man from a wall impossible at a 15m or greater distance.

And no, the cinematic mod still makes HL2 look jizz, as the textures are better, but the polycount is still terribly low, as well as soft shadows and deffered lighting being next to nonexistant.  HDR is nice, but come on, there's a lot more needed to make HL2 look good than just HDR.

Around the Network
phxprovost said:

lol i love threads like this.  Sorry kids KZ2 is garbage that just has alot of filters and post render improvements, while crysis is raw imagery.

So completely unnecessary. Killzone 2 is an incredible looking game, and what you have just said reveals your ignorance. It doesn't quite have the scope/amazing physics system of crysis's environments, but it is still a benchmark for this generation of consoles 

leo-j said:
I dont get it.. PC gamers are completely taking over this thread.. not one ps3 gamer besides myself..

@Waron

KZ2 looks WAYYY better than every screen in that thread, no matter what anyone says.

Ehhhh...

I am a PS3 gamer and Crysis > Killzone 2.

Why would it have something to do with the PS3 and the PC anyway?

I'm gonna answer, nothing. It's about two games. Stop making it a console war.

waron said:
leo-j, please show me killzone 2 video that looks better than this i dare you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH8dSy-lrFg

That video is rendered though. Not live gameplay.

gwrath said:
phxprovost said:

lol i love threads like this.  Sorry kids KZ2 is garbage that just has alot of filters and post render improvements, while crysis is raw imagery.

So completely unnecessary. Killzone 2 is an incredible looking game, and what you have just said reveals your ignorance. It doesn't quite have the scope/amazing physics system of crysis's environments, but it is still a benchmark for this generation of consoles

is that the ps3 fanboys logic there? the truth is completely unnecessary?  search around the internet, hell there is a few articals on this site i believe about the game devs from games like KZ2 and UC2 and even GOW3 talking about how they just use the GPU on the ps3 to draw the frame and then completely throw the cell at the image and apply every possible post render effect that have on it.  Kids thats making a crappy frame prettty through post render........

Around the Network
phxprovost said:
gwrath said:
phxprovost said:

is that the ps3 fanboys logic there? the truth is completely unnecessary?  search around the internet, hell there is a few on this sight i believe of the game devs from games like KZ2 and UC2 and even GOW3 talking about how they just use the GPU on the ps3 to draw the frame and then completely throw the cell at the image and apply every possible post render effect that have at it.  Kids thats making a crappy frame prettty through post render........

PS3 fanboy? Note that earlier in this thread, I clearly stated that Crysis is a better looking game than kz2. However stating something ridiculous as "KZ2 is garbage" is... well, you're right, unnecessary is an understatement. Oh, and please continue to refer to everyone else as "kids" to give yourself some kind of flimsy high ground, it suits your personality.

Let's be happy we have such great looking games?

May the adjustments be with you

I feel a disturbance in the sales

gwrath said:
phxprovost said:
gwrath said:
phxprovost said:

is that the ps3 fanboys logic there? the truth is completely unnecessary?  search around the internet, hell there is a few on this sight i believe of the game devs from games like KZ2 and UC2 and even GOW3 talking about how they just use the GPU on the ps3 to draw the frame and then completely throw the cell at the image and apply every possible post render effect that have at it.  Kids thats making a crappy frame prettty through post render........

PS3 fanboy? Note that earlier in this thread, I clearly stated that Crysis is a better looking game than kz2. However stating something ridiculous as "KZ2 is garbage" is... well, you're right, unnecessary is an understatement. Oh, and please continue to refer to everyone else as "kids" to give yourself some kind of flimsy high ground, it suits your personality.

thats cool, keep changing the subject to avoid being wrong, seems to be the internets way of thinking.  And sorry i just assume because every single thread on this site just screams out with ps3 worshiping undertones...so forgive me if i have you marked wrong

PS3 4 year old hardaware is the best looking thing ever---Leo J

actually playing both games and its almost night and day.

It's obvious that Crysis looks better with maxed out settings. That is not even a fair comparison. What I would like to see is which looks better when played on the same settings. This would be a more interesting comparison to me.