By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Killzone vs. Crysis

A 3 year old game that almost no computer could run when it was released, yes that is correct. I don't know about you guys, but I have played KZ2 and Crysis on the exact same monitor and KZ2 is blurry low-res mess by comparison.

Around the Network
Scoobes said:
slowmo said:
Killzone 2 isn't even close to Crysis on a technical level and arguably behind artistically too given the fact Crysis at least as some colour at the start.

I'm not sure, there is less variety in textures compared to Killzone 2. If anything, the small 6Gb install should indicate that. Obviously on a technical level Crysis blows KZ2 out of the water.

Notice the red word, that is no definitive statement.

slowmo said:
Scoobes said:
slowmo said:
Killzone 2 isn't even close to Crysis on a technical level and arguably behind artistically too given the fact Crysis at least as some colour at the start.

I'm not sure, there is less variety in textures compared to Killzone 2. If anything, the small 6Gb install should indicate that. Obviously on a technical level Crysis blows KZ2 out of the water.

Notice the red word, that is no definitive statement.

Fair point

Crysis is better looking
Killzone 2 plays Better IMO though.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

crysis hands down looks way better , cant wait for crysis2 on pc ohhh what a beast it will be

Around the Network
leo-j said:
I dont get it.. PC gamers are completely taking over this thread.. not one ps3 gamer besides myself..

I do not want to prove anything to anyone. I know how Killzone2 looks...thats enough for me

I believe you should leave this thread too as there is no point

RiksK15 said:
So a 3 year old PC game looks better than anything on HD consoles today or even upcoming!?

WTF?

Yes because the PS3's hardware is dated to 2006 and hasn't improved at all. Plus you are completley ignoring Crysis Warhead.

Whatever leo j is smoking must be some heavy shit!!! Give me some!!

My Eyes!!! The Goggles Do Nothing!!!

Ok leo-j, I'm a PS3 fanboy i'll admit that, but i'll tell you right now. I've played Crysis, and Crysis warhead, and there is no way that KZ2 looks better. I've played both KZ2 and Uncharted 2, yet to play GoW3 fully.

I've been both a hardcore console and pc gamers for over 15 years. There is only one way to really prove you wrong here. We need you to sit down, and play Crysis on max setting from start to finish, then you can come back and tell us which is better. Cause from what I've read, you actually haven't played Crysis, or Crysis warhead on max yet. Unlike alot of us here.

I'll admit that KZ2 looks amazing for a console game (hell i can even say better than uncharted 2 at times), but if you're like me and have the pc hardware, KZ2 just can't keep up.

Killzone 2 is very Impressive for a Console! I've played both games, I personally enjoyed Killzone 2 more than Crysis but Crysis overall technically has better graphics, Gamplay is pretty generic?
Generic or not am pretty much looking forward to the new crysis on Consoles, Depending which console it will perform better on is the console i will be getting lol And no i won't be getting it for PC, I've got a quad core and 4GB ram but my graphics card is pretty Down there =P haha