By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 1M Game Sales Required to Make Profit On Wii

Thanks for this joke thread.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

if thats true then a ps3/360 game would have to sell 10 million to be profitable.

Misinformation: The gift that keeps on taking.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Credibility in video game journalism. For every effort made to move forward, there are 10 morons doing a poor rendition of the moonwalk.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

That doesn't make sense because then the article is saying that developers are spending around 20-30 million dollars to make wii games and I bet that there is less than 10 games that have spent that much money including marketing costs.

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
Credibility in video game journalism. For every effort made to move forward, there are 10 morons doing a poor rendition of the moonwalk.

LOL, so true ..

Seems like the guy who made this thread read your thread about the rules for being a fanboy, right rol?

1   2   3  not only you and me.

Livin' in sin is the new thing.

Two articles, both from no name sites, both being rebuked by previous publisher statements, and neither article shows the quote in context, or rather they don't even show the quote at all even out of context...

So I'm really just gonna call bullshit until someone can cite me a source for this, cause I feel like just locking this thread for misinformation, but will give someone the chance to find an actual source before I do it.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

RolStoppable said:
I remember this quote from last year, because it popped up in one of my threads about third party failures. Reggie originally said that "Wii games don't need to sell 1M to make a profit" and the NYT journalist left out the important word "don't".

Of course that didn't stop gaming journalists from running with the NYT story, because why use your own brain if you can copypaste what someone else wrote? That's also why there are so many articles about Pachter quotes.

It makes perfect sense. (It really does.)

Ah thanks Rol just saw your comment, so let the locking commence!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Max, you can lock it now. This was all brought up last year (notice the original article dates) and was bunked back then countless times.

The rEVOLution is not being televised