By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - HOME demonstration

Yeah, SWG was fun for a while. But seriously their server code stunk to high heaven. I wasn't kidding when I said it needed nightly reboots, because they really did restart their servers every night. It is simply shocking how bad they treated the customers. They said that they were going to put in some changes and outlined them. They said wait, things will improve we are working on those changes. Then time passed and no information was given. More time passes, no info. Then suddenly they dropped the bomb. They made changes all right, but they were completely different than anything they discussed previously and they did it with very little testing or forethought. I just don't understand how a company could betray it's customers like that. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Around the Network

Yeah, I heard about a lot of that...I left before the Combat Revamp and all that stuff.

I'd like to see, maybe in a year or two, another Star Wars MMO...I just don't how likely that would be.  Maybe one based in the prequel times...I hate the prequels but it'd still be a huge Star Wars game, and new enough for people to get into it again.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

vanguardian1 said:
I acknowledge some of the potential, but I am fully sure that Sony themselves will be the ones to fail to utilize that potential.

like the way they failed to realize the potential of a video game console.

Hus said:
vanguardian1 said:
I acknowledge some of the potential, but I am fully sure that Sony themselves will be the ones to fail to utilize that potential.

like the way they failed to realize the potential of a video game console.

That's the stupidest argument ever.  Try again.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Yeah, I heard about a lot of that...I left before the Combat Revamp and all that stuff.

I'd like to see, maybe in a year or two, another Star Wars MMO...I just don't how likely that would be. Maybe one based in the prequel times...I hate the prequels but it'd still be a huge Star Wars game, and new enough for people to get into it again.

I can't wait for the Wii Star Wars game that includes the Wiimote Lightsabre. The potential for such a game cannot be underestimated. If done right, it has the potential of a megahit. I know a ton of people who would buy the Wii just for this one game.

Around the Network

If Sony's Music and Movie divisions control what content are released on to home, then there will be severe restrictions on what media content can be used by it. The PSP is the best example of this. :(

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

vanguardian1 said:
If Sony's Music and Movie divisions control what content are released on to home, then there will be severe restrictions on what media content can be used by it. The PSP is the best example of this. :(

Huh? I don't have any problems playing my media content. In fact, the latest patch allows full-size resolution video to play without converting.

BenKenobi88 said:
FishyJoe said:

On the flipside, Home could be disasterous. Sony also managed the trainwreck otherwise known as Star Wars Galaxies. From the screen shots and demos the game look liked it was going to be great. Even the beta went pretty well and got good reviews.

But Sony turned what should have been a guaranteed success into a bastion of ill will. They treated their customers like dirt. Lying about upgrades. Unfulfilled promises. Horribly unstable servers that needed rebooting every night. Releasing unfinished code. Complete lack of customer service. And at the time it was the most expensive mmorpg as well.

Hey but I actually had a lot of fun in Star Wars Galaxies! I joined later on, but not TOO late. I basically played for a summer. Building and decorating your personal home was pretty cool I thought...lots of options. It got boring after a while though. And then apparently it went to hell after I left.

Pretty cool, lots of options.  What if new updates had kept it fun?  Sounds like Home, which of course would include more than a home in 1 game, could be fun to me.

I personally didn't do any of that decorating stuff. It thought it was boring. I wanted to see the the War in Star Wars. And for a while there was a war between the factions until SOE ruined it, then pissed on their customers. Am I bitter yes. No company should ever treat its customers so badly.

I am sure that sony will do the conservative thing and give HOME adequate resources for this. If the HOME users tends to drop, well, Sony can always add more freebies the pile. This isn't going to be a moneymaker, so much as a relatively cheap way to get more people to use sony products.