By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 39% Of Gamers Who Plan To Buy GT5 Do Not Yet Own A PS3

Galaki said:
Because anyone can pull statistic out of his/her ass, too? please man! show some decorume. or respect. nobody attact ur 47%

Around the Network

So, you defend this "research" w/o knowing how it was done and then call us trolling even the percentage look way off?

Comparing that with vgc stats is totally off, too.
VGC equations are based on factual data and using that to make guesstimate.
And we all know people are totally honest when to do their multiple choice survey.

1/ I dont know if we can trust this study

2/ neverthless, this result does not surprise me

3/ in term of system selling power : GT5 > all

Time to Work !

Galaki said:
So, you defend this "research" w/o knowing how it was done and then call us trolling even the percentage look way off?

And we all know people are totally honest when to do their multiple choice survey.

you have no basis to say that it's wrong.

@everyone else, how do people point and criticize things without even realize they are doing the very same thing they are criticizing?

nightsurge said:

After a quick look through of their past research, they don't seem all that reliable.

GamePlan predicted that there would be a shift of MW owners on 360 to purchase MW2 on PS3 instead. Implying higher sales for the PS3 version of MW2 than what actually happened. In fact the ratio seems to have remained the same or even grown in 360's favor for MW2 sales between the 2 consoles.

I can't believe I'm wasting my time doing this, but here goes...

I'm not sure exactly what comparison you are making, but not a single one indicates any growth in the 360's favor.

Call of Duty 4 360/PS3
First Week:    70%/30%
LTD:               62%/38%

World at War
First Week:    64%/36%
LTD:               61.5%/38.5%

Modern Warfare 2
First Week:    60.3%/39.7%
LTD:               57.7%/42.3%
Last Week:    52.3%/47.7%

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Galaki said:

@everyone else, how do people point and criticize things without even realize they are doing the very same thing they are criticizing?

Oxymoron much?

People aren't allow to disagree with "research" anymore?

So wait, this study was only 1000 ppl?

Yeah, that really represents the masses..

Besides I already own a PS3 for GT5

Fake survey or not, it will be big.

Since the game still doesn't have a firm release date a majority of the 39% will have a PS3 before the game is released and another good chunk will not buy the game anytime close to the release date due to the constant delays.

Galaki said:
theprof00 said:
Galaki said:

Oxymoron much?

People aren't allow to disagree with "research" anymore?

wow do you know what an oxymoron is?

maybe you're referring to hypocrisy, which is what I described.

anyway, the comparison to vgc was that vgc doesn't say how it tracks things either, but it is funny that you support this site, whereas you attack another for the same behavior.