By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Square Enix and Microsoft teaming up again for E3

i hope SE not that stupid since thier last few 360 games sold like shit. and they should realize htat FF13 sold 3 times better on the PS3

Around the Network
rikuwttd said:
i hope SE not that stupid since thier last few 360 games sold like shit. and they should realize htat FF13 sold 3 times better on the PS3

take out the japan sales and it only beat the 360 version like 1.5 to 1, and thats good considering that the 360 version was inferior.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Can I ask what is up with all the 360 hate? I mean.... if anything wouldn't people be happy that games are hitting both systems?

Want the Key to Eternal Life?
read about it here:
http://www.cipherwire.net/eternal_life.html

Wii Friend Code: 7592-1692-7773-4859

hudsoniscool said:
rikuwttd said:

take out the japan sales and it only beat the 360 version like 1.5 to 1, and thats good considering that the 360 version was inferior.

Why would you take out the japan sales? it makes no sense, 3.5M vs 1.04M seems more like 3.5 to 1, But nevertheless 1M on 360 is a great accomplishment, I just wish SE would open their eyes and see that JRPG do make sales on BOTH systems and probably more on the Sony system they need to stop making Timed or Exclusive JRPG for the 360 because its doing them no favor at all, i doubt they even made profit from those projects unless MS paid them big bucks. I can see that MS and SE have a partnership going on to try get 360 moving around in Japan but i honestly don't see it going to work, All that investment MS made in japan been a waste in my personally opinions, they could have used those investments to create a decent first party and make some Nice 360 Exclusives instead of making SHitty JRPGs like Infinity undiscovery or Last Remnant, Last Remnant was alright i guess but a lot of technical problems, the sales weren't impressive at all, They should of been Timed exclusive instead, so that they could of made sales from the PS3 version after 6 month or so

Wada must be really stupid considering theres a massive JRPG fanbase in Japan and yet they continue to make exclusives for 360

Killzoned said:
hudsoniscool said:
rikuwttd said:

Why would you take out the japan sales? it makes no sense, 3.5M vs 1.04M seems more like 3.5 to 1, But nevertheless 1M on 360 is a great accomplishment, I just wish SE would open their eyes and see that JRPG do make sales on BOTH systems and probably more on the Sony system they need to stop making Timed or Exclusive JRPG for the 360 because its doing them no favor at all, i doubt they even made profit from those projects unless MS paid them big bucks. I can see that MS and SE have a partnership going on to try get 360 moving around in Japan but i honestly don't see it going to work, All that investment MS made in japan been a waste in my personally opinions, they could have used those investments to create a decent first party and make some Nice 360 Exclusives instead of making SHitty JRPGs like Infinity undiscovery or Last Remnant, Last Remnant was alright i guess but a lot of technical problems, the sales weren't impressive at all, They should of been Timed exclusive instead, so that they could of made sales from the PS3 version after 6 month or so

Wada must be really stupid considering theres a massive JRPG fanbase in Japan and yet they continue to make exclusives for 360

you take out japan sales because there wasnt a 360 version in japan, so its not fare to compare the 2 versions when the 360 version wasnt released were final fantasy is most popular.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Around the Network
hudsoniscool said:
Killzoned said:
hudsoniscool said:
rikuwttd said:

you take out japan sales because there wasnt a 360 version in japan, so its not fare to compare the 2 versions when the 360 version wasnt released were final fantasy is most popular.

After thinking about it, I understand his point of counting Japanese numbers. Because if it would have been multiplatform in Japan, it would have sold way less on 360 anyway. I also understand yours, since its not on the 360 in Japan how can you evaluate what it would have sold if it would have been. The correct thing to do would be in the middle of you two, Square would need to do a survey in Japan asking normal gamer on which console they would purchase the game if its multiplatform. 1.5 to 1 in america shows that its great to release multiplatform here, but even if it would have been multi in Japan, the numbers could look like 10 to 1, thats probably why they didnt release multiplat in the first time. Simply eliminating the japanese number because it wasnt multiplatform there is only looking at a part of the reality.

On topic, as I said earlier, I would be a very happy gamer if they release valkyrie profile on whatever console. I think the rumor could very well be true since Microsoft are trying really hard to gather a broader audience in Japan and also in America. Its also the way Microsoft works when it come to having exclusive stuff on their console. Plus Sony showed many time this gen, that they will not try to counter offer anything if a 3rd party wanna sign with Microsoft. They have said numerous time they prefer giving help then money, and focus on their 1st and 2nd party when it comes to investing. For all those reasons I think the rumor could very well be true. But I also think it would be a time exclusive since Square will not want to pass on the great sales they can have on PS3.

Xephonai said:

Can I ask what is up with all the 360 hate? I mean.... if anything wouldn't people be happy that games are hitting both systems?

I was also wandering the same thing, this thread and subject is very healthy. The "rumor" of an annoucement of valkyrie profile is amazing, could care less of the console its on. If its true I hope they dont mess too much with the formula tho. Tri ace have been smoking good stuff lately lol.

WarmachineX said:
FF13 versus coming to 360 confirmed

Over mine and Kratos' dead body. :P

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

hudsoniscool said:
Killzoned said:
hudsoniscool said:
rikuwttd said:

blah blah blah take out Japan. How about a friendly hypothetical? According to VGC, the 360 has sold 1.28M units in Japan. Let's say by some stroke of magic, 100% of the 360 audience in Japan bought FFXIII, had it been on the 360. What would that result in for the games total sales?

PS3: 3.52M

360: 2.32M

Even if Japan was added in, and that kind of miracle happened, the PS3 version would have still outsold it by over a million units. Now, once again, SE is stupid if they keep making 360 exclusives

BMaker11 said:
hudsoniscool said:
Killzoned said:
hudsoniscool said:
rikuwttd said:

blah blah blah take out Japan. How about a friendly hypothetical? According to VGC, the 360 has sold 1.28M units in Japan. Let's say by some stroke of magic, 100% of the 360 audience in Japan bought FFXIII, had it been on the 360. What would that result in for the games total sales?

PS3: 3.52M

360: 2.32M

Even if Japan was added in, and that kind of miracle happened, the PS3 version would have still outsold it by over a million units. Now, once again, SE is stupid if they keep making 360 exclusives

Agreed thats the point i was trying to make. SE needs to wake up and finally start making a "DECENT" JRPG

Stop making exclusivity! lol I never really enjoyed FF13 that much. the many years of hyped and wait for the game was not worth it in the end lol