By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Square Enix and Microsoft teaming up again for E3

Dianko said:
Question: Do you all believe that Star Ocean franchise failing is due to the timed exclusive stuff, or because the game was a steaming pile of donkey crap?

I personally feel that, sure, in Japan it would've sold alot more, but in the west, whether it was PS3 exclusive or multiplat out of the gate, it would still have sold like crap. The game was bad. The voice acting alone...ugh. I just can't see how the game could've sold as much as the PS2 one in the west unless the product they released was actually good.

Completely agree, Tri ace could have done much better with Star Ocean whatever the console it is on.

Around the Network

Are people seriously ignoring the fact that Breath of Fire = Capcom?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Hop microsoft does it good this time

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

Dianko said:
Question: Do you all believe that Star Ocean franchise failing is due to the timed exclusive stuff, or because the game was a steaming pile of donkey crap?

I personally feel that, sure, in Japan it would've sold alot more, but in the west, whether it was PS3 exclusive or multiplat out of the gate, it would still have sold like crap. The game was bad. The voice acting alone...ugh. I just can't see how the game could've sold as much as the PS2 one in the west unless the product they released was actually good.

It's pretty much due to being a turd.  Tales of Vesperia shows that timed HD exclusives can sell pretty decently (on both 360 and PS3), so long as they're quality.  If Star Ocean was actually a good game, it'd have done the same.

huaxiong90 said:

You are showing your young age.  Breath of Fire was created by capcom but back in the day they had a deal with squaresoft that made square the publisher of the game in north america for the super nintendo version. This situation is similar to the goldeneye situation between nintendo, rare, and microsoft.

Around the Network

As people have said before, if this is true then i guess SE don't want to make money anymore lol!

I bet that it is FF Versus XIII going to 360 in the west like XIII has done

This rumor is ridicolous and no one wants to admit it XD

how did they get this piece of news ?

also, if it is timed exclusive for a very nich IP = non event
just check how Star Ocean bombed ...

SE are really the asshole master this gen

Time to Work !

Squall_Leonhart said:
As people have said before, if this is true then i guess SE don't want to make money anymore lol!

I bet that it is FF Versus XIII going to 360 in the west like XIII has done

I don't see going multiplatform is a way of losing money. Once FFXIII sells over 2+ million between Europe and the US I fail to see how they would not profit from it.

However, if Square-Enix makes timed exclusives with MS again then I see it as a money loss for Square Enix. Star Ocean would have probably sold better as multi platform at launch, but MS wanted to get it timed exclusive in hopes more people would buy 360's in Japan.

It's just that simple.

lostintheodyssey said:
huaxiong90 said:

You are showing your young age.  Breath of Fire was created by capcom but back in the day they had a deal with squaresoft that made square the publisher of the game in north america for the super nintendo version. This situation is similar to the goldeneye situation between nintendo, rare, and microsoft.

Considering Capcom has published remakes of the game in the past, I don't believe that argument holds any ground whatsoever. This news is fake, and the Breath of Fire part confirms it.