By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - CVG: Crysis 2 is the best looking game on console. Boom

Boutros said:
I'm not sure I understand the meaning of the article.
So Uncharted 2 (or God of War 3) will still be the best looking game on the PS3?

No, not according to the article. Crysis 2 is the best looking console game.

Around the Network

i really looking forward to this, is it still open world or linear like COD

Slimebeast said:
Boutros said:
So Uncharted 2 (or God of War 3) will still be the best looking game on the PS3?

"But however you react, Crysis 2 is what it is. It's the best looking game on console. Or rather, the best looking game on 360."

Mummelmann said:
It will truly be a polished turd and everyone will rejoice and praise, ignoring the stench.

I felt this way about a certain shooter that gets lauded around here a lot, I will mention no names though. I finally found a good cheaper low profile video card for my stupid Dell desktop, so I'll get back to you on my Crysis thoughts in a little bit. Is it really bad? I've heard boring before, but not "bad".

snfr said:
Boutros said:

I think so...

What I'm not sure about is this: "What about PlayStation 3?" you cry, waving a DualShock3 in disgust. Blame Crytek for that one.

Could mean two things: Either the controls really suck on PS3 or the author doesn't like the Dualshock3...

No. Neither.

It's a playful description of Sony fans waiving any piece of plastic in their hands out of anger that nothing is told in the article (so far, until that point) about the looks of the PS3 version.

Around the Network

those three links are great, they are so full of shit. I don;t expect a better looking game than any ps3 exclusive. Im sure it will be the best looking 360 shooter, but that's only because they don't have a graphical powerhouse shooter.
This is how it always goes, they see all this power and make all these claims but when they get down to work there just isn't enough ram or they just don;t know how to use the cores of the system and they do their typical gpu heavy programming. Im sure it will look good by simulating effects that pc's can truly dynamically produce, but it wont blow anyone's mind.

Ping_ii said:
Slimebeast said:
Boutros said:

"But however you react, Crysis 2 is what it is. It's the best looking game on console. Or rather, the best looking game on 360."

"But the real takeaway here is the sentence we opened up with. If you remember only one thing from this, make it so: Crysis 2 is the best looking game on console. Boom."

Since the X360 is a console it's obviously also the best looking game on 360.

Slimebeast said:
Boutros said:

I need to see to believe. They say "on console" not best looking "console game" Multiplat will look similar on all platforms. PC version will be the best.

Ping_ii said:
Slimebeast said:
Boutros said:

Read the headline of the article:

"Why Crysis 2 is the best-looking game on 360 (and PS3)"

Barozi said:
Ping_ii said:
Slimebeast said:
Boutros said:

Read the headline of the article:

"Why Crysis 2 is the best-looking game on 360 (and PS3)"

So why did they come up and say "or rather, the best looking game on 360"? I dont get it....