By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - CVG: Crysis 2 is the best looking game on console. Boom

CommonMan said:
Mummelmann said:
It will truly be a polished turd and everyone will rejoice and praise, ignoring the stench.

I felt this way about a certain shooter that gets lauded around here a lot, I will mention no names though. I finally found a good cheaper low profile video card for my stupid Dell desktop, so I'll get back to you on my Crysis thoughts in a little bit. Is it really bad? I've heard boring before, but not "bad".

I think its bad. Really bad considering the amazing review scores and massive hype. Boring is just one aspect for me, the whole game is silly and full of half assed features and work.

Around the Network

I couldn't care less about the fanboy wars, but I am looking forward to the game and glad the curtain is getting pulled back a little. I hope the gameplay turns out great, as I've heard it wasn't the greatest in the first. The IGN article makes it sound interesting.

I need a great, new FPS this year, and I'm really Halo'd out. Hopefully this fills the void.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

if crysis 2 becomes the best looking game on the PS3 then the game will coem out 5 months after the 360 release.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:
if crysis 2 becomes the best looking game on the PS3 then the game will coem out 5 months after the 360 release.

Lol someone obviously can't handle that the 360 and PS3 can do the same level of graphics, eh?  Or did you simply mean that in order to reach the same graphical level of the 360 version of Crysis 2 they would have to work an extra 5 months given the PS3's harder architecture?

Ok i hope they both are released this year.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

Crysis 2 will look better than GOWIII and UC2. Sorry to burst your PS3 bubbles. The 360 is fully capable of pumping out games with the same visual fidelity as the PS3 (see Alan Wake). 2010 will be the year we start to see this come true. Just a few years ago we all witnessed the 360's exclusives that looked better than the PS3's. Now the roles have reversed and soon we will see 360 catch back up.

I'll will believe it when I see it..simple as that, I have yet to see a game on xbox (that's already out) can touch the level of graphics of several ps3 games...so yeah let's wait and see

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Vetteman94 said:

"Or rather the best looking game on 360"

Kinda funny how he puts this in there, and keeps the word console singular in his statement.

Also,  this should be in the gaming section not just Microsoft, since they even mention the PS3 version in the article

I hate to tell you this but they MAXED out the PS3 version.

Sure it may be the best looking game on 360 to date, but there will be better looking ones unlike the PS3 which is maxed out.

the 360 version cant even compete with uncharted 2 and GOW3. the 360's CPU cant handle games like Uncharted 2 and GOW3. ur gonna need to work with a lot more than a triple-core CPU to carry the title of "the best looking console game"

Garnett said:
Vetteman94 said:

"Or rather the best looking game on 360"

Kinda funny how he puts this in there, and keeps the word console singular in his statement.

Also,  this should be in the gaming section not just Microsoft, since they even mention the PS3 version in the article

I hate to tell you this but they MAXED out the PS3 version.

Sure it may be the best looking game on 360 to date, but there will be better looking ones unlike the PS3 which is maxed out.

No way!!!

hey read this..http://www.product-reviews.net/2009/06/06/ea-xbox-360-maxed-out-while-playstation-3-has-not/

according to that the xbox360 has been "MAXED OUT" since last year!!! while ps3 has not, sure it may be the best looking game on ps3 to date, but there will be better looking ones unlike the 360 which is maxed out.