By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, and FF XIII turn things around?

@eudurance

Killzone liberation had great gameplay. Killzone 1 was boring and it sucked..

mM
Around the Network

@leo
i actually liked the first killzone but i didnt think it was better then halo,and i havent tried liberation

Name the PS3 title that sold more week one than SMG. I think that golf game might have. Anything else?
Those games are going to be released and they are GT5, MGS4, FFXIII. Don`t you understand, that Mario game is a BRAND game. And not to mention, Wii otselling ps3 in japan by 2,5 times.
Anyway, GT5:prologue, probably will prove BRAND of Playstation. =)

And KZ2 PROVED itself on E3 2k7. =]

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

""""""These games will help sell consoles, but most people who already want these games have a PS3."""""

==> I higly doubt about this.
PS3 is still expensive, 400$ entry price.
Even more, with all the bad story about the console, bad games, lost of exclusives, delay, I completely understand people are not sure which console to buy : Xbox360 or PS3 (or Wii in another category of course)

Time to Work !

CrazzyMan said:
Name the PS3 title that sold more week one than SMG. I think that golf game might have. Anything else?
Those games are going to be released and they are GT5, MGS4, FFXIII. Don`t you understand, that Mario game is a BRAND game. And not to mention, Wii otselling ps3 in japan by 2,5 times.

but you forgot to mention that the sequel to gamecubes best selling game in japan has yet to be released on wii

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:

There was a playable Killzone 2 demo? Oh wait no, it just had some game trailers. The game looks beautiful so it must be fun right? LAIR.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

CrazzyMan said:

Plenty of games "proved" themselves on E3 2k7 for sony fans. There was a lot of hype for games like Lair and heavenly sword after the E3... "OMG look at those graphics"

And why you don't say anything about current ps3 games outselling Wii sports in japan ? :) 

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Lost tears of Kain said:

Yea that clearly was my response, i listed a bunch of games that are rumored like your sig suggests.

Hey you know what since im such a danm fanboy i should add a bunch of rediculas bullshit list to my sig of unnanounced 360 games

You started it, for some reason you dislike anyone not possessing a wii, imagine that.

I never have attacked anyone for not having a Wii. Once again you don't seem to know what you are talking about.  

Yea that clearly was my response, i listed a bunch of games that are rumored like your sig suggests.

Hey you know what since im such a danm fanboy i should add a bunch of rediculas bullshit list to my sig of unnanounced 360 games

Add them. I don't care, and i didn't used them on my argument for upcoming Wii RPGs. I only listed confirmed games, however is too much for you to handle that the Wii is going to have more RPGs released in the next months.

God of war 3, GT 5, MGS4, FF 13 all unannounced games.

I dont care if they sell 1 million, they are big time proven franchises, just as big as mario cart and brawl, and ps3 possesses more of them.

If they sell 1 million then they aren't as big, you failed. Ps3 DON'T have more of them. You are just listing the same games that everyone does. "MGS 4, FF13, GT 5"

Add GTA 4, RE 5 if you want, god of war is not as big as the others.

However Nintendo alone has Zelda Wii, Pokemon, Mario galaxy, Smash bros brawl, Mario kart, Animal crossing, Wii fit, Wii motorsports etc. So i would say that the Wii is the one that has more huge franchises confirmed at the moment. Nintendo survived just from their 1st party games for 10 years, don't think they managed to do that just because you don't know history of videogames.

If those are hack and slash and mario is just a plain platformer then i feel bad that you have the right to call yourself a gamer.

I have the right to call myself the King of the world if i want to. 

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

endurance said:
CrazzyMan said:

but you forgot to mention that the sequel to gamecubes best selling game in japan has yet to be released on wii

Name Console Publisher Japan America Others Total
Super Mario Sunshine Nintendo0.873.731.315.91
Super Mario Galaxy Nintendo0.380.750.211.34

Super Smash Bros Melee Nintendo1.444.061.086.58

While PS3 will have GT5, MGS4, FFXIII.

There was a playable Killzone 2 demo? Oh wait no, it just had some game trailers. The game looks beautiful so it must be fun right? LAIR.
You didn`t like Lair, it was HARD to contorl for YOU or what? =))
There was a lot of hype for games like Lair and heavenly sword after the E3... "OMG look at those graphics"
What YOU didn`t LIKE about HS???

And why you don't say anything about current ps3 games outselling Wii sports in japan ? :)
 Is that game at all? What STORY it has? Wii sport is for CASUALS. 

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

carlos710 said:
Lost tears of Kain said:

You started it, for some reason you dislike anyone not possessing a wii, imagine that.

I never have attacked anyone for not having a Wii. Once again you don't seem to know what you are talking about.  

Didnt say you did, but thats your response to everyone, friend have wiis, others dont. Its not hard to see. Of course i dont know what im talking about. Hmm show me an area that i dont know what im talking about, cause at the current time your the only one saying it.

Add them. I don't care, and i didn't used them on my argument for upcoming Wii RPGs. I only listed confirmed games, however is too much for you to handle that the Wii is going to have more RPGs released in the next months.

Yes you did, you did it in a spin like move. You listed Kindom hearts for nintendo, which is clearly not for the wii. You said "o well its for ds same thing" You spin things way to much

God of war 3, GT 5, MGS4, FF 13 all unannounced games.

I dont care if they sell 1 million, they are big time proven franchises, just as big as mario cart and brawl, and ps3 possesses more of them.

If they sell 1 million then they aren't as big, you failed. Ps3 DON'T have more of them. You are just listing the same games that everyone does. "MGS 4, FF13, GT 5"

Add GTA 4, RE 5 if you want, god of war is not as big as the others.

However Nintendo alone has Zelda Wii, Pokemon, Mario galaxy, Smash bros brawl, Mario kart, Animal crossing, Wii fit, Wii motorsports etc. So i would say that the Wii is the one that has more huge franchises confirmed at the moment. Nintendo survived just from their 1st party games for 10 years, don't think they managed to do that just because you don't know history of videogames.

How many of those are coming out next year? Do you have the capacity to understand that we are talking 08 here? Ive yet to hear of zelda coming out in 08. Galaxy just came out. Again your listing bullshit.

Never claimed they didnt, again your trying to show me how "smart" you are by shoving words in my mouth then posting nonsense. Either respond to what i said or not at all. Next year, ps3 has its biggest games coming. If FF hits then it def has bigger. Its a matter of opinion but most will agree with me. Insulting me on a subject i didnt even go into, nice job asswhole.

If those are hack and slash and mario is just a plain platformer then i feel bad that you have the right to call yourself a gamer.

I have the right to call myself the King of the world if i want to. 

Fine do that, but its not what others will percieve you as.

Yep im the fanboy here, defending a console that i dont even own from some deluded fanboy who shoves words into peoples mouths.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.