By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, and FF XIII turn things around?

Those games are HOT! For sure. NO doubt. All will move significant units of the PS3. But are they enough to move the PS3 into the number 2 or even the number one position? Sony sure has a lot of hopes in those games.

Around the Network

Sony fanboys have a lot of hope placed in those games. Personally, I just can't wait to play them, I am not waiting for ps3 domination.

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

I farted.

THOSE GAMES WILL TURN THE TIDE!!! 2008 will be a great year for SONY. Microsoft only have CrappyHuman for 2008 lol

Well those 3 games are gonna have to move at least 8 million units to close the gap with the 360 and probably alot more to close it with the Wii.

Around the Network

Not at all, they will make a spike in sales for a week or two and then back to the same old ps3 sales.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Well ,right now and without those games appearing PS3 sales have multiplied by 3 in Europe ,by 192% in North America and it is outselling the Wii in Japan ....so I think the 40Gb and price cuts and some of the end year software as Ratchet ,Uncharted ,Assasins Creed ,Rock Band ,Guitar Hero III and COD 4 are already doing great things for the system .Next year with the cited games plus Little Big Planet ,White Knight Story ,Final Fantasy Versus XIII ,Devil May Cry 4 (will boost sales in Japan ),Resident Evil 5 (the same as DMC4 ) and Gran Turismo 5 ...plus the Home system ...all that should mean a great year for the PS3 .

This games are not enough to keep the PS3 sales at the same level of the Wii sales levels(2007) for the rest of the 2008 and early 2009, only to give to Sony a change to win...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

I still think the PS3 has no chance for #2 until 2009 at the earliest and will never be #1.

These games will help though. Definitely.

Things have already been turned around, but I think those games will definitely close the gap, and may lead to the PS3 getting to second by the end of next year.

Those are simply the best games there are.