By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 ties 360 in sales for the "Other" region

Joel12345 said:
sniper936 said:

yes, both consoles are currently at 15.19M in sales for the Other region. despite the PS3s significant deficit in that region, over the last several months PS3 has beat 360 in sales in the Other region. PS3 has also beaten 360 in total weekly sales for the last 20 weeks (5 months) straight. It seems Natal come out soon enough for MS.

Fixed!

Why do people think Reach will generate more sales?I mean think about it,everybody that wants to play Halo has a 360 already,Natal not so sure.

thats true about Reach, but Natal will most likely attract more casual gamers as like the wii did.

Around the Network

as for the PS3 having a counter-price cut, i highly doubt that. sony is still losing money on the ps3, but is really close to start making profit off each sale, and if they have another price cut its gonna take even longer to gain a profit

kowenicki said:
rmarier83 said:
Also who knows how many of that 15.19 are rebuys of broken (red-ringed) x360s (see the game sales of multi-platform games in this region). It's awesome to see a system like the PS3 that spend as long as it did 3rd in this region finally becoming 2nd to the wii.

sigh

lulz.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Closing the gap! All they have to do is get around Natal and possibly Xbox 360 slim.Regardless who wins we have all had great games this gen.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Wouldn't the gaming community be a much better place if they stayed tied WW ...actually maybe not lol

Around the Network

Mysterious PS3 sales adjustment in 3....2....1....

kowenicki said:
rmarier83 said:
Also who knows how many of that 15.19 are rebuys of broken (red-ringed) x360s (see the game sales of multi-platform games in this region). It's awesome to see a system like the PS3 that spend as long as it did 3rd in this region finally becoming 2nd to the wii.

sigh

Why sigh? Its actually a pretty good argument, check the weekly software charts for "others". Youll notice that PS3 sell more on all multiplatform, sometime even 1/2 1/3 more. On rare occasion 360 sells more but only by a very small margin (check modern warfare as example). The funny things is except modern warfare, even FPS get more sales on PS3 in "others". If you want to "sigh" on his argument you would be better at least find another reason or factor that explain those sales. Until you do that, he have a very good argument.