By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If Sony bought Apple?

If Sony was to go out and purchase a big company I think Apple would be their best choice. First they get access to the money making machine that is the app store. Which means the PSP and PSPGO would be quick to gain access to the app store and Itunes. Furthermore, Sony could explore the Iphone or Ipad as potential moneymakers for games that struggled on the PSP. I can guarentee you that if the PSP go gained Itunes, Apps, and Netflix the sales would blow up. The addition of Safari to the PS3 combined with move would give the PS3 a real computer like feel when using the browser.

Furthermore, imagine if Sony took things one step further and bought several small developers or did what has constantly been rumored for both consoles purchased either EA or Taketwo. I believe this combined with the purchase of Apple would turn Sony into an unstoppable gaming monster. I mean just imagine Madden exclusively for Sony/Apple products. But more than Madden Sony's own sports studios would benefit from adding EA. Not to mention Sony would control Bioware and the great games they make. Thats right Mass Effect would finally hit the PS3. Sony's system would truely rival or exceed XBLA with the addition of Apple. They would take the next steps to truely doing everything.

Sony would also force Microsoft to either step up or step out. You know the first step would be either trying to purchase Take-two or Activision. I think Take-Two would be the better choice. First they would secure a spot in the Sports market picking up the 2K series. Second they would secure the awesome Bioshock and Borderlands ips.

Not only would this change the market in my opinion for the better it would force Nintendo to step up as well. For example Nintendo might purchase Sega or step things up even higher and bought Ubisoft or a similar sized developer. The market would be extremly competitive and we would begin to see significant competition. Right now Nintendo does its thing and Sony and Microsoft battle weakly for second. That would not be the case anymore no longer would there just be lots of multiplats and a couple big exclusives everything would become more important.

Thoughts

Around the Network

How are Sony going to buy Apple? They would never accept an offer

Sony also should buy the United States Of America so they can force its people to buy more PSPs.

Flawless plan.

shouldnt the title be: If Apple bought Sony?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
shouldnt the title be: If Apple bought Sony?

I agree with the stament above. Sony can't afford apple.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

Around the Network

Or maybe Sony should buy SKYNET?

Sony can't buy Apple, if anything Apple can buy Sony.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Sony should buy Microsoft, Nintendo and Apple and they would be the master of the world. I wonder why Sony's CEO didn't think of that before.

Well flip it then what if Sony and Apple merged. Which is the main point. Would there merger be good for gaming?

One purchasing the other would create such a concentrated amount of arrogance and smugness that I fear it would collapse into a black hole and swallow the solar system.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3