By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 5 HD games for Each Genre this gen!

Damnyouall said:

Top 25 HD Games this Gen

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

Around the Network

Ghosting, lack of detail in Alan Wake and it does not look anywhere near as life like or have the lighting effects as the PS3 exclusive games: Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 or God of War 3. 360 has no game that even matches MGS 4 in terms of graphics. FFXIII on the 360 was a shadow of the masterpiece which is on the PS3 in its full HD glory.

starcraft said:
SpartanFX said:
selnor said:
Ping_ii said:
selnor said:
Ping_ii said:
"If a game is rated higher for x console we will only list it for that console"....

Yeh because we all know having 1 point higher for a x version of the game even tho its basically the same game for both console means its better, the fanboy rules is full of fail.

Um you will see the PS3 benefits from this to. It's a list for quality. There has to be some guage.

Uhhh I dont care if it benifits which ever console this logic fails so much no matter which way you look at it, why would you only list a game only for a certain console for having a point higher when their basically the same game for both platforms? Why is Darksider rated higher for 360 when its basically the same game in the ps3? why is borderlands? why is call of duty 5 rated higher for ps3 when its the same game for the 360? point is this rules are retarded.

Alot of reviewers review the same game slightly different. Fallout 3 for example performs better on 360 as does others. This effects the quality of the game and the reviews. Ifyou dont like it, take it up with the reviewers. Many of the games score higher and have more reviews to. It's catch 20/20. It's a quality list. Not a sort of what we think list.

as i said burnout paradise performs and looks better on PS3 but the difference comes from the number of reviews.So what do you have to say about that?

Mate you know that I own all the consoles, and that I have had some great experiences on the PS3.

But at some point you're going to have to straight out realise that by the most objective standard we have the Xbox 360 has more, better games in most genres. 

Argue all you want about the importance of that, argue all you want about the value proposition of each console.

But fact is fact, and you should just let Selnor discuss it.

They won't, someone should re-post the OP.

I see the thread did its job superbly...

fighter said:
SpartanFX said:
fighter said:
SpartanFX said:
fighter said:
SpartanFX said:
this is useless

for instance burnout paradise is better on PS3(lead platform was PS3) and somehow it's rated higher on X360 since there not as many reviews.

So it defeats the whole purpose.

http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?24376

Burnout Paradise looks better on PS3, but the Xbox 360 version edges it (!!)

As part of its review on Burnout Paradise, 1UP tries to conclude by indicating which version of the game is between the Xbox 360 and PS3. They remark that the PS3 has a visual edge but the Xbox 360 plays identically and supports an intuitive online interface. And since the PS3 fails to deliver a custom sound track option, the ability for the Xbox 360 version to save you from various Avril Lavigne tracks shouldn't be underestimated.

thank you for proving my point.The game is better on PS3 the rest is history as the PS3 version also has custom sound track ;)

Ha ha ha, i know you'll remain on your position despite any fact presented.

I don't expect you to overcome your cognitive distorsion, i merely attempt to provide something tangible instead of your conjectures .

what your source said was that PS3 looks better but X360 has a custom sound track so it edges it out.

here,,PS3 also has a custom sound track ,,,which makes it a moot point

http://kotaku.com/381528/custom-soundtracks-for-burnout-paradise-ps3

Wow, there's a lot of people who need to improve their reading skills.

As part of its review on Burnout Paradise, 1UP tries to conclude by indicating which version of the game is between the Xbox 360 and PS3. They remark that the PS3 has a visual edge but the Xbox 360 plays identically and supports an intuitive online interface. And since the PS3 fails to deliver a custom sound track option, the ability for the Xbox 360 version to save you from various Avril Lavigne tracks shouldn't be underestimated.

LOL

R u serious?u don't know which part i was adressing with my post??

let me show it to yo again:

"since the PS3 fails to deliver a custom sound track option, the ability for the Xbox 360 version to save you from various Avril Lavigne tracks shouldn't be underestimated."

not true: http://kotaku.com/381528/custom-soundtracks-for-burnout-paradise-ps3

as for the online intereface they are exactly the same:

X360 clip for going online(it shows the interface)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fUUSH0zNow

PS3 clip for going online

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MtM50QKGSo

Around the Network
Kilzoned82 said:
I request a number of polls to be conducted and the VGC community will decide which games are the best in each genre. Selnor does not respresent the VGC community. High rating Metacritic and Gamerankings games do not get their scores on merit. Money hats are involved.

Best 5 HD games of this generation are:
1. Final Fantasy XIII (PS3 version)
2. God of War III (PS3 exclusive)
3. Uncharted 2
4. Uncharted
5. Heavy Rain

Ok no one will agree with my list. Who agrees with selnor with any of his lists?

the professionals behind metacritics ?

starcraft said:
SpartanFX said:
selnor said:
Ping_ii said:
selnor said:
Ping_ii said:
"If a game is rated higher for x console we will only list it for that console"....

Yeh because we all know having 1 point higher for a x version of the game even tho its basically the same game for both console means its better, the fanboy rules is full of fail.

Um you will see the PS3 benefits from this to. It's a list for quality. There has to be some guage.

Uhhh I dont care if it benifits which ever console this logic fails so much no matter which way you look at it, why would you only list a game only for a certain console for having a point higher when their basically the same game for both platforms? Why is Darksider rated higher for 360 when its basically the same game in the ps3? why is borderlands? why is call of duty 5 rated higher for ps3 when its the same game for the 360? point is this rules are retarded.

Alot of reviewers review the same game slightly different. Fallout 3 for example performs better on 360 as does others. This effects the quality of the game and the reviews. Ifyou dont like it, take it up with the reviewers. Many of the games score higher and have more reviews to. It's catch 20/20. It's a quality list. Not a sort of what we think list.

as i said burnout paradise performs and looks better on PS3 but the difference comes from the number of reviews.So what do you have to say about that?

Mate you know that I own all the consoles, and that I have had some great experiences on the PS3.

But at some point you're going to have to straight out realise that by the most objective standard we have the Xbox 360 has more, better games in most genres. 

Argue all you want about the importance of that, argue all you want about the value proposition of each console.

But fact is fact, and you should just let Selnor discuss it.

I don' ahve any problem accpeting that due to having a great backlog .but you also ahve to accept that X360 has not had any high rated games execpt for ME2  and forza since the end of 2008.on the other hand PS3 has recieved many from KZ2 to u2 to GOWIII to demons souls to heavy rain and i believe this thread comes from there.Selnor just wants to re assure him self hence creating a stupid law to stuff the list with X360 sign.(As i was showing that burnout is better on PS3 but selnor puts it for X360)

anyways this is childish at best ,,i m done here.

fighter said:
Kilzoned82 said:
I request a number of polls to be conducted and the VGC community will decide which games are the best in each genre. Selnor does not respresent the VGC community. High rating Metacritic and Gamerankings games do not get their scores on merit. Money hats are involved.

3. Uncharted 2
4. Uncharted
5. Heavy Rain

Ok no one will agree with my list. Who agrees with selnor with any of his lists?

Metacritic websites are owned by Microsoft. Their lists of games are designed to favour the 360 over the PS3. GVamers have played lots of high rating games on the 360 which fell way short of their high review scores. high review scores of 360 excluysive games are rigged because they are very few and far between.

Mass Effect 2 and Gears of War 2 are the only good games 360 has had released. What high rating 360 exclusive games have been released besides those two released in the last 18 months since Gears of War 2 's release? <<<< Selnor please answer that question for us. Mass effect 2 is only a console exclusive, it is also on the PC.

PS3 has had the following exclusive games in the last 18 months simnce Gears of War 2 released. Killzone 2, Infamous,  Uncharted 2, Demon Souls,  Heavy Rain and  God of War 3. 6 exclusive games Selnor, exclusive to PS3 rated above 85 on metacritic. The same site you rave on about.

360 has had no high rating exclusive game above 85% average since Gears of War 2 released.

SpartanFX said:
fighter said:
SpartanFX said:
fighter said:
SpartanFX said:
fighter said:
SpartanFX said:
this is useless

for instance burnout paradise is better on PS3(lead platform was PS3) and somehow it's rated higher on X360 since there not as many reviews.

So it defeats the whole purpose.

http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?24376

Burnout Paradise looks better on PS3, but the Xbox 360 version edges it (!!)

thank you for proving my point.The game is better on PS3 the rest is history as the PS3 version also has custom sound track ;)

Ha ha ha, i know you'll remain on your position despite any fact presented.

I don't expect you to overcome your cognitive distorsion, i merely attempt to provide something tangible instead of your conjectures .

what your source said was that PS3 looks better but X360 has a custom sound track so it edges it out.

here,,PS3 also has a custom sound track ,,,which makes it a moot point

http://kotaku.com/381528/custom-soundtracks-for-burnout-paradise-ps3

Wow, there's a lot of people who need to improve their reading skills.

LOL

R u serious?u don't know which part i was adressing with my post??

The only part you understood ? lol

let me show it to yo again:

"And since the PS3 fails to deliver a custom sound track option, the ability for the Xbox 360 version to save you from various Avril Lavigne tracks shouldn't be underestimated."

Why did i have to add the beginning of the sentence, mmmh?

not true: http://kotaku.com/381528/custom-soundtracks-for-burnout-paradise-ps3

they added a patch, so 1up was right !!! haha !

as for the online intereface they are exactly the same:

X360 clip for going online(it shows the interface)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fUUSH0zNow

no they're not lol, nice try

PS3 clip for going online

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MtM50QKGSo

interesting (not)

Kilzoned82 said:
fighter said:
Kilzoned82 said:

3. Uncharted 2
4. Uncharted
5. Heavy Rain

Metacritic websites are owned by Microsoft. Their lists of games are designed to favour the 360 over the PS3. GVamers have played lots of high rating games on the 360 which fell way short of their high review scores. high review scores of 360 excluysive games are rigged because they are very few and far between.

Mass Effect 2 and Gears of War 2 are the only good games 360 has had released. What high rating 360 exclusive games have been released besides those two released in the last 18 months since Gears of War 2 's release? <<<< Selnor please answer that question for us. Mass effect 2 is only a console exclusive, it is also on the PC.

PS3 has had the following exclusive games in the last 18 months simnce Gears of War 2 released. Killzone 2, Infamous,  Uncharted 2, Demon Souls,  Heavy Rain and  God of War 3. 6 exclusive games Selnor, exclusive to PS3 rated above 85 on metacritic. The same site you rave on about.

360 has had no high rating exclusive game above 85% average since Gears of War 2 released.

I will forever quote you in my sig. You are a winner in your very own category !