By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 5 HD games for Each Genre this gen!

I'd agree with the "if it's +/- a few % on metacritic, it's equal" point. There's only really Orange box, FFXIII and Bayonetta on the "really awful conversion" list. And I've heard Bayonetta's got a bit better since the patch.

Please add Pixel Junk Monsters onto RTS. And Demon Souls isn't really a WRPG.

Also, where are the platformers? And the sports games?

Around the Network
Bloodnok said:

I'd agree with the "if it's +/- a few % on metacritic, it's equal" point. There's only really orange box and Bayonetta on the "really awful conversion" list. And I've heard Bayonetta's got a bit better since the patch.

Please add Pixel Junk Monsters onto RTS. And Demon Souls isn't really a WRPG.

Also, where are the platformers? And the sports games?

This, except Bayonetta's patch was insufficient.

I firmly believe a thread about metacritics by genre is needed. This one having been derailed perhaps it could be reposted and corrected in order to get a nice discussion.

Err... May I ask where's MGS4 in the TPS list? lo And Wipeout HD Fury got 89/100 on metacritic :p

Oh, and wtf is Gran Turismo HD? If it's the demo of the demo GT5P is, I don't think it should count.

Another thing, I can understand selnor's logic, it does make sense for games like Bayonetta and the Orange Box, but for games like Burnout that logics fails. Each case is a case, and if you really want to make this a good list, you can't simply base yourself on metacritic's scores. I mean... how can Call of Duty 2 be on the top? How can it share the 3rd place with L4D? Because if you don't care how old games are, then GoW: Collection should be on the list. Well actually it simply should be there since the reviews it got were made in 2009.

I agree with Torillian. This is a good idea that turned into a horrible thread.

The idea that you are only going to include the platform that scored higher on metacritic, for games that are essentially equal on both platforms, and have metascores differing by a point or 2 is stupid.

How to Train Your Dragon is sitting at 98% on rottentomatoes. The Hurt Locker is at 97%. I guess this means that How to Train Your Dragon is unequivocally better than The Hurt Locker, winner of six Academy Awards, including Best Picture.

Nevermind that the all the reviewers probably aren't the same. Nevermind that it's a tiny difference. Nevermind that The Hurt Locker has more reviews.

How to Train Your Dragon > The Hurt Locker. No one can question this, and aggregate reviews are the best way to determine quality.

ANother troll thread by Selnor to support MS cuz they are without a doubt the best gaming company this and every gen ..reason? Because the sites used for ratings for the same game is different for ps360 games and have different scores on meta....and the topic title is a flame bait from the get go

so why is this thread not locked by a mod? I mean seriously? come on guys..

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
bobobologna said:
I agree with Torillian. This is a good idea that turned into a horrible thread.

The idea that you are only going to include the platform that scored higher on metacritic, for games that are essentially equal on both platforms, and have metascores differing by a point or 2 is stupid.

How to Train Your Dragon is sitting at 98% on rottentomatoes. The Hurt Locker is at 97%. I guess this means that How to Train Your Dragon is unequivocally better than The Hurt Locker, winner of six Academy Awards, including Best Picture.

Nevermind that the all the reviewers probably aren't the same. Nevermind that it's a tiny difference. Nevermind that The Hurt Locker has more reviews.

How to Train Your Dragon > The Hurt Locker. No one can question this, and aggregate reviews are the best way to determine quality.

APPLAUSE! well said good sir..well said indeed

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
ANother troll thread by Selnor to support MS cuz they are without a doubt the best gaming company this and every gen ..reason? Because the sites used for ratings for the same game is different for ps360 games and have different scores on meta....and the topic title is a flame bait from the get go

so why is this thread not locked by a mod? I mean seriously? come on guys..

It is an entertaining thread. Selnor has made a thread that has backfired on him. *Eats popcorn*

fighter said:
SpartanFX said:
fighter said:
SpartanFX said:
fighter said:
SpartanFX said:
this is useless

for instance burnout paradise is better on PS3(lead platform was PS3) and somehow it's rated higher on X360 since there not as many reviews.

So it defeats the whole purpose.

http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?24376

Burnout Paradise looks better on PS3, but the Xbox 360 version edges it (!!)

As part of its review on Burnout Paradise, 1UP tries to conclude by indicating which version of the game is between the Xbox 360 and PS3. They remark that the PS3 has a visual edge but the Xbox 360 plays identically and supports an intuitive online interface. And since the PS3 fails to deliver a custom sound track option, the ability for the Xbox 360 version to save you from various Avril Lavigne tracks shouldn't be underestimated.

thank you for proving my point.The game is better on PS3 the rest is history as the PS3 version also has custom sound track ;)

Ha ha ha, i know you'll remain on your position despite any fact presented.

I don't expect you to overcome your cognitive distorsion, i merely attempt to provide something tangible instead of your conjectures .

what your source said was that PS3 looks better but X360 has a custom sound track so it edges it out.

here,,PS3 also has a custom sound track ,,,which makes it a moot point

http://kotaku.com/381528/custom-soundtracks-for-burnout-paradise-ps3

Wow, there's a lot of people who need to improve their reading skills.

As part of its review on Burnout Paradise, 1UP tries to conclude by indicating which version of the game is between the Xbox 360 and PS3. They remark that the PS3 has a visual edge but the Xbox 360 plays identically and supports an intuitive online interface. And since the PS3 fails to deliver a custom sound track option, the ability for the Xbox 360 version to save you from various Avril Lavigne tracks shouldn't be underestimated.

LOL

So if they play identically according to the bolded there goes the point of only listing a certain game for one console with the higher score because it mean its better....

Like I said this is the most retarded rule yet.

Ping_ii said:
fighter said:
SpartanFX said:
fighter said:
SpartanFX said:
fighter said:
SpartanFX said:
this is useless

for instance burnout paradise is better on PS3(lead platform was PS3) and somehow it's rated higher on X360 since there not as many reviews.

thank you for proving my point.The game is better on PS3 the rest is history as the PS3 version also has custom sound track ;)

Ha ha ha, i know you'll remain on your position despite any fact presented.

I don't expect you to overcome your cognitive distorsion, i merely attempt to provide something tangible instead of your conjectures .

what your source said was that PS3 looks better but X360 has a custom sound track so it edges it out.

here,,PS3 also has a custom sound track ,,,which makes it a moot point

http://kotaku.com/381528/custom-soundtracks-for-burnout-paradise-ps3

Wow, there's a lot of people who need to improve their reading skills.

LOL

So if they play identically according to the bolded there goes the point of only listing a certain game for one console with the higher score because it mean its better....

Like I said this is the most retarded rule yet.

you're right about the rule though

fighter said:
fighter said:
joshin69 said:
Ping_ii said:
joshin69 said:
Ping_ii said:
joshin69 said:
fighter said:
SpartanFX said:
this is useless

wow, its better because you can customize your soundtrack?, whatever

Oh my? you facepalm that? the option of a custom soundtrack is better than the look of the game and i get the facepalm. bless

Dude....the facepalm was for the bolded not your post.

Ah, I see. We agree, sorry about that.

What i wrote about reading skills goes for you too joshin and piing.

OK, so what they are saying (which you agree with) is... Although it looks better on PS3, it plays the same and is backed up online with xbox live. So by that they (and you) would say that all games with online function ability are automatically better because of xbox live. Am I right? Is this what you mean because the game plays the same on both consoles? So they say...

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups