By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Galaxy is so over rated

are we even allowed to start useless threads like this? hes trying to be an Sony/360 fanboy eventhough his clearly not. Rols' joke post was clever, this is just sad...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
ItsaMii said:....

.....someone's joke detector is broken!

RolStoppable...I'm not sure what is funnier, the first post, or the fact that you actually took it seriously.

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

carlosjrix said:
mario galaxy is over rated, but its a good game..

have you even played it

RolStoppable said:
ItsaMii said:

I must tell the truth about this game. I have not played it yet, but it is my duty to tell the truth about the corrupt gaming media hyping this average game. Mario games are going downhill since Mario 2 (the best of them all). I will share some facts with you guys:

1) Mario Galaxy only uses one Gamecube of the 2 ductaped together inside the Wii. This produces subpar graphics that are barelly near the level of Crysis for PC.

2) It was dumbed down for the stupid casual audience. The game is so easy you can not even compare it to Viewtifull Joe on V-rated, Ghouls and Goblins or the original Ninja Gaiden.

3) Reliable sources reported that the game can be finished in 7 hours (15 if you collect all stars). It is embarassingly short, one could speedrun it in 4 hours.

4) No replay value. After defeating the last boss, all you can do is collect more stupid stars. You can also replay the game with the secret character, but this is not as deep as collecting skulls in Halo or dog tags in Metal Gear.

5) The game corrupts children. With its secret gay messages the game tries to keep your kids away from the right path.

6) The hype is already fading. Reviewers can try to fool us, but the truth is that no one cares about MG anymore. The game bombed hard. In just 2 weeks it barely sold more than 1.300.000 units.

7) There is no online play. This is the future Nintendo, how can you release shit that has no onlinekultiplayer.

8) The story is so bad that I will not even talk about it.

9) The controls are awkward. There is no support for mouse and keyboard even though Wii supports keyboard. Motion controls are gimmick like everything else on the Wii.

10) Enviroments are repetitive and dull. The colors are lacking and details are scarce.

This is a 6/10 game.

I don't know what's wrong with you, let's go through this point by point:

1) Graphics aren't everything in games, the gameplay makes or breaks a game. SMG is awesome in that regards.

2) Just because you only need a few buttons to perform all necessary actions, doesn't mean that the game is dumbed down. Besides the game offers some pretty challenging missions.

3) What are your reliable sources? Random posts on a forum?

4) Collecting dog tags is more satisfying? You gotta be joking.

5) There's nothing wrong with being gay.

6) The game bombed hard? Just because it didn't do Halo numbers?

7) Not every game needs online play to be great.

8) This point is so bad I am not even going to argue it.

9) I think the game controls much better with the Wiimote/Nunchuk combo than it ever could with Mouse/Keyboard.

10) That's what you think. The graphics are amazing, especially for a Wii game.

Your opinion is worth a 0/10. 

owned

Around the Network
WEWdeadeye said:
RolStoppable...I'm not sure what is funnier, the first post, or the fact that you actually took it seriously.

Who the hell makes joke threads.  How childish is that.  Confusing others through unoticeable sarcasm on a forum is simply childish humor that only kids would find funny. 

RolStoppable said:
ItsaMii said:

I don't know what's wrong with you, let's go through this point by point:

1) Graphics aren't everything in games, the gameplay makes or breaks a game. SMG is awesome in that regards.

2) Just because you only need a few buttons to perform all necessary actions, doesn't mean that the game is dumbed down. Besides the game offers some pretty challenging missions.

3) What are your reliable sources? Random posts on a forum?

4) Collecting dog tags is more satisfying? You gotta be joking.

5) There's nothing wrong with being gay.

6) The game bombed hard? Just because it didn't do Halo numbers?

7) Not every game needs online play to be great.

8) This point is so bad I am not even going to argue it.

9) I think the game controls much better with the Wiimote/Nunchuk combo than it ever could with Mouse/Keyboard.

10) That's what you think. The graphics are amazing, especially for a Wii game.

Your opinion is worth a 0/10.

Your bias blinds you. Oh my this site is so full of Nintendo fanboys. *insert random bitching and whining here*

You could never understand what a AAAAAA game is, sir RolStoppa.

Excuse me, I have to play a epic and mature game.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

See...I'm quite sure RolStoppable is also being sarcastic...except with him, you REALLY can't tell...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I actually do think that Mario Galaxy is going to be overrated. (well for me anyway compared to the hype.)

That's why i'm waiting for the hype train to die down before i get it.

I'll enjoy it more that way.

I agree it is sort of over-rated, as in when people call it the best game ever, but it's still clearly worth a score of 95+. Alas it's becoming apparent that it isn't my genre, since I've actually played more Dwarf Fortress, Okami and Katamari during the last few days. ;___;