By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Galaxy is so over rated

I must tell the truth about this game. I have not played it yet, but it is my duty to tell the truth about the corrupt gaming media hyping this average game. Mario games are going downhill since Mario 2 (the best of them all). I will share some facts with you guys:

1) Mario Galaxy only uses one Gamecube of the 2 ductaped together inside the Wii. This produces subpar graphics that are barelly near the level of Crysis for PC.

2) It was dumbed down for the stupid casual audience. The game is so easy you can not even compare it to Viewtifull Joe on V-rated, Ghouls and Goblins or the original Ninja Gaiden.

3) Reliable sources reported that the game can be finished in 7 hours (15 if you collect all stars). It is embarassingly short, one could speedrun it in 4 hours.

4) No replay value. After defeating the last boss, all you can do is collect more stupid stars. You can also replay the game with the secret character, but this is not as deep as collecting skulls in Halo or dog tags in Metal Gear.

5) The game corrupts children. With its secret gay messages the game tries to keep your kids away from the right path.

6) The hype is already fading. Reviewers can try to fool us, but the truth is that no one cares about MG anymore. The game bombed hard. In just 2 weeks it barely sold more than 1.300.000 units.

7) There is no online play. This is the future Nintendo, how can you release shit that has no online multiplayer.

8) The story is so bad that I will not even talk about it.

9) The controls are awkward. There is no support for mouse and keyboard even though Wii supports keyboard. Motion controls are gimmick like everything else on the Wii.

10) Enviroments are repetitive and dull. The colors are lacking and details are scarce.

This is a 6/10 game.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

I so agree, and watch you get banned for this dumb shit....stupid dumb ass mods!!

Cute. I already had rebuttals for 1-4 then I read #5 and lol.

@WiiFanboi - I think its a joke post. You are the one likely to get "banned for this dumb shit", Mr 1-post...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Thanks ban me than mr dumb shit....lol....shams I hams...whatveer shit

Around the Network

This thread gets a rating of 3 dead Halo fans out of 5.

ohh it's Wii Bingo day again?

i cant tell if your sarcastic or not

ItsaMii said:

I must tell the truth about this game. I have not played it yet,

I stopped reading and respecting whatever was said here after that haha.

mario galaxy is over rated, but its a good game..