By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your list of most underrated titles this gen

Valkyria Chronicles- It was something different fresh and beautiful.
Demons Souls- Nuff Said
Lost Odyssey- Everything I could ever ask for in a next gen JRPG
Naruto UNS

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

Warhawk I guess.

Prototype. I picked it up at Gamestop for $20 bucks and have been really impressed with it. It's Crackdown meets Assassin's Creed. The controls are a tad touchy, but as you upgrade your character and play longer you adjust to it. Really a lot of fun.

Pipedream24 said:
Prototype. I picked it up at Gamestop for $20 bucks and have been really impressed with it. It's Crackdown meets Assassin's Creed. The controls are a tad touchy, but as you upgrade your character and play longer you adjust to it. Really a lot of fun.

Yeah I've been thinking about picking that one up, I mean its from the guys that did Hulk Ultimate Destruction, so I'm thinking it can't be half bad.  I ended up playing inFamous when those two games came out, honestly I think I might like Prototype a lot more.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Ghostbusters (I honestly can't see why people dislike this. Believe it or not it's one of my favorite games this gen. I know there are people that like it but, whenever it's talked about lately everyone seems to say it was terrible.)

Lost Odyssey (It's one of my favorite RPG's ever and I think it deserves more than the 7's and 8's that it get's. Not that it would actually change how much I liked it though.

Around the Network

1) Dead Rising
2) Dark Sector
3) Deadly Premonition (IGN rated this a 2, they are so wrong)
4) The Bourne Conspiracy
5) Ninja Blade

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

Lost Odyssey might be the most underrated title this gen! There are others, but most got at least some credit while Lost Odyssey was left in the dumps. (aka VGChartz)

PS- totally kidding about the VGChartz being a dump. We all know it's much worse than that.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Pipedream24 said:

Yeah I've been thinking about picking that one up, I mean its from the guys that did Hulk Ultimate Destruction, so I'm thinking it can't be half bad.  I ended up playing inFamous when those two games came out, honestly I think I might like Prototype a lot more.

I originally chose inFamous as well, but I find myself enjoying Prototype more.  I like the fact that there is no good or evil choices to make, you're just a badass looking for answers. I'm a wuss, if you give me the choice, I'll always choose the good guy.  So it's fun for me to wreak havoc with no consequences.  I am also enjoying the story more as well.  Plus you can take control of tanks and helicopters as well and blow the crap out of things.  For $20 this game is a bargain.  You won't be disappointed.

Right now I'm playing Silent Hill: Shattered Memories... and it's a really great game! I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more limelight around these parts.

Other than that, Little King's Story and Muramasa: The Demon Blade don't get a lot of love...

Pipedream24 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Pipedream24 said:

I originally chose inFamous as well, but I find myself enjoying Prototype more.  I like the fact that there is no good or evil choices to make, you're just a badass looking for answers. I'm a wuss, if you give me the choice, I'll always choose the good guy.  So it's fun for me to wreak havoc with no consequences.  I am also enjoying the story more as well.  Plus you can take control of tanks and helicopters as well and blow the crap out of things.  For $20 this game is a bargain.  You won't be disappointed.

Well I played inFamous based on what people were saying, I was pretty let down, I mean the demo was like cooler than the full game since the demo had full powers and even then the powers weren't that crazy-good and satisfying, I picked Spider-Man Web of Shadow over inFamous.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000