By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your list of most underrated titles this gen

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Pipedream24 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Pipedream24 said:
Prototype. I picked it up at Gamestop for $20 bucks and have been really impressed with it. It's Crackdown meets Assassin's Creed. The controls are a tad touchy, but as you upgrade your character and play longer you adjust to it. Really a lot of fun.

Yeah I've been thinking about picking that one up, I mean its from the guys that did Hulk Ultimate Destruction, so I'm thinking it can't be half bad.  I ended up playing inFamous when those two games came out, honestly I think I might like Prototype a lot more.

I originally chose inFamous as well, but I find myself enjoying Prototype more.  I like the fact that there is no good or evil choices to make, you're just a badass looking for answers. I'm a wuss, if you give me the choice, I'll always choose the good guy.  So it's fun for me to wreak havoc with no consequences.  I am also enjoying the story more as well.  Plus you can take control of tanks and helicopters as well and blow the crap out of things.  For $20 this game is a bargain.  You won't be disappointed.

Well I played inFamous based on what people were saying, I was pretty let down, I mean the demo was like cooler than the full game since the demo had full powers and even then the powers weren't that crazy-good and satisfying, I picked Spider-Man Web of Shadow over inFamous.

Prototype is much more violent than inFamous.  At times it reminds me of Dead Rising as well.  You can just mow down hundreds of the infected at a time.  The powers in Prototype are hand to hand combat based instead of ranged electical attacks.  Plus...there are just more things to kill.

Around the Network

X Men Origins: Wolverine
Wet

Scribblenauts for DS.

Yeah, the controls could've been better, but so what? Still a great game.

Such a shame not many people know about it...

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

- Army of Two (74 meta) - Its certainly not worth buying, I beat it in one sitting with my friend, but its very fun for a night or two. I would have given it a low 80's rating.

- 3 on 3 NHL Arcade (66 meta) - This game is very fun. Me and my friends have put several hours into it. The one shitty thing about it is you can't play online WITH a friend, only AGAINST a friend. I'd give it maybe a high 70's.

- Aliens vs Predator (65 meta) - Its a pretty fun game. 3 different campaigns and a pretty fun online. I would have called it a mid-high 70's.

- Assassin's Creed (81 meta) - Okay I know it got 81 and I know it sold millions, but I think it deserved closer to a 90 or so. Besides getting repetitive near the end and fairly low replayability I think its a great game. If it had been less repetitive and had a few minor changes like in AC2 then it could have easily been AAA.

fragile dreams wii, little king story wii, de blob wii, muramas the demon blade wii and starwars the force unleashed wii.

Around the Network

Lost Odyssey- Nice to see there are more people who think so than I thought there might have been seeing not too many people seem to talk about it anymore. What is there to say that hasn't been said already though?

The Last Remnant- Story's nothing original, but it's charismatic (for lack of better word), and the game itself really enticing to play. Soundtrack and battle system make this game a whole lot of fun, and I didn't have much issues with the technical problems once the game was installed to my hard drive. Only real issue I can name was the Gates of Hell boss battle that was uber hard, but what RPG doesn't have one of these instances?

Resident Evil 5- I think most of the hate comes from the oldschool Resident Evil fans, though there are some who just don't find it next-gen enough from what I've seen. Otherwise I thought the whole idea of fighting through African villages was really cool and the final battle was great too.

Crackdown- I can't really say what the criticisms were, most people I know just say this game wasn't any good. Either way, I thought it was a cool open sandbox experience because of the superpower abilities you were given.

Grand Theft Auto IV- This game's overrated, blah blah blah... Overrated=/= Bad. I personally like this GTA better than Vice City, I guess I like the 360 control setup better than the PS2 control setup. Besides, I haven't found much to really complain about the way the game plays.

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts- Bear and bird make a return and nobody buys it, and people just pass it up because it's not a platformer. Seriously, even if it's not much of a platformer, it's a really enjoyable game with a lot to do and the scripting is just briliant. Destined to be the black sheep of the series I guess...

Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation- Good reviews, but not that many people bought it. I really want to see an Ace Combat 7 someday, but I guess we'll have to see how it turns out.

(Haven't started FFXIII yet, so can't comment on... Reader reviews on Gamefaqs are pretty bad though.)

Boom Blox Bash Party- Takes everything about Boom Blox 1 and makes it even better and barely even 10% of buyers of the first one buy this. If that's not properly rewarding a company, I don't know what is. (Red Steel 2 might be another example, but haven't played it yet.)

Broken Sword: Shadows of the Templars: The Director's Cut- A classic point and click adventure game made for a new audience and generation, but doesn't manage to sell that well. But considering it's a pretty old game, it couldn't have cost that much to port and tamper with a little. Hopefully this means the sequel will see the light of release someday...

Cursed Mountain- Old school survival horror that did really well with the atmosphere and sound factor, yet no one buys it and it doesn't receive the best reviews in the world either. Only real complaint is that controls aren't the most precise but can be managed.

Dead Space: Extraction- An awesome rail shooting game that nobody bought, and makes Dead Space: Downfall look like crap, but doesn't sell like it should have. And Visceral Games was considering third party support too... :(

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings- Maybe I'm too much of a fan of the series, but this game felt so much like a legitmate Indiana Jones film that I can't really muster the will to knock on it too hardly. And I didn't have too many control problems. Comes with Fate of Atlantis too, so you can't pass up on that.

NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams- Loved the presentation, hated by pratcially everyone who played the original. I guess the curse of never having played the original, but I really enjoyed this game a lot.

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories- This is what people want to see being made out of the Wii and they don't buy it or give it particularly great reviews. And it has fair replay value, so it's not a waste of $50 if you pay for that much.

Sonic and the Black Knight- Sonic games in general this gen are pretty underrated, this is one of them. Just don't worry about the grading system and there's a lot of fun to be had cutting up hordes of enemies.

Sonic and the Secret Rings- People claim they want a Sonic game based on speed, and this is pretty much all the game is based on to the point of where there's almost no platforming, and they still knock on it. Very enjoyable game if you're looking for a speed based game though, and has a bit of a learning curve as well.

Sonic Unleashed- Werehog levels! OMG! Really, they're just kiddy versions of God of War levels and little much else, nothing game breaking or necesarrily epic, just something entertaining. And speed levels are worth playing as well.

Spectrobes: Origins- Probably the closest thing we'll ever get to a console Pokemon game, and nobody buys it. Franchise in general hasn't had a big seller since the original on the DS though, so it's a bit understandable.

The Legend of Spyro: Eternal Night- New Beginning was underrated as well, being a really underrated trilogy of Spyro games. Eternal Night though I'll admit was probably the weakest of the three because even thoug the game was longer, there were many glitches in the levels. Still an entertaining game and bridges for a great conclusion.

The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon- Great conclusion for pretty much a miniature LOTR trilogy spin on Spyro the Dragon. Though everybody pretty much hates on the new Spyro games because they aren't made by Insomniac and won't give them a chance to begin with. Like I said again though, excellent conclusion to the trilogy.

Crash of the Titans- Cool inventive platformer that's just plain fun for me. Of course pratically nobody likes this game either for similar reasons to the Legend of Spyro trilogy, except it's Naughty Dog in question this time.

Sands of Destruction- It's a really easy game, but a great story and cast of characters gave me a good time with this game. My only real complaint was that it was fairly short for an RPG, at maybe 20 hours or so.

Infinite Space- This game doesn't have a steep learning dificulty, it's the tough enemy A.I. Otherwise, it's an epic game that I've been wanting to play for the longest time and it hasn't been promoted enough or praised enough.

Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled- Kind of a Chrono Trigger clone, but a great old school Chrono Trigger clone. You also have the ability run from battles if you find the encounter rate to be extremely high, otherwise great old school RPG.

Lunar: Silver Star Harmony- PSP owners get a chance to play a great RPG with a great face lift (new voice acting aside), and they don't buy it. If that's not a tradgedy in underrated titles, I don't know what is...

Member #50 of the Sonic Support Squad! :P

The Last Remnant
Star Ocean: The Last Hope

1. Lost Odyssey
2. Heavenly Sword
3. Infinite Undiscovery
4. The Last Remnant
5. Star Ocean 4

InFamous

This game was very good yet it sold quite bad and is not appreciated by people.
It deserves more acclaim.

We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at. But... at least I always fought for what I believed in.

Sonic and the Secret Rings. This game is really what 3D sonic should be, and Sonic Unleashed's day stages took credit for what Secret Rings got right first.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.