By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK - 360's strongest country?

MontanaHatchet said:
Black RL said:
The more advanced is the country the bigger install base of 360 it gets, except for Japan due to ob(omb)vious reasons.

What do you mean by advanced? if you mean wealth, then Germany is more advanced than the U.K., and they prefer the PS3 over the 360.

Also neither the United Kingdom nor the United States are within the top 10 of Human Development Index (as used by the United Nations).

Countries which are include countries like Norway, Sweden, France, Switzerland, The Netherlands and Japan.

Another interesting read:

Britain's quality of life worse than former Communist countries

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/6943343/Britains-quality-of-life-worse-than-former-Communist-countries.html

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

On my 3rd 360, first one, i did get fixed and yeah it only took 4 weeks from the day i sent it, till it was back with me but it  died within 3 months.  Although mine is used for ffxi and rarely gets turned off for bazaar and all that crap.

MikeB said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Black RL said:
The more advanced is the country the bigger install base of 360 it gets, except for Japan due to ob(omb)vious reasons.

What do you mean by advanced? if you mean wealth, then Germany is more advanced than the U.K., and they prefer the PS3 over the 360.

Also neither the United Kingdom nor the United States are within the top 10 of Human Development Index (as used by the United Nations).

Countries which are include countries like Norway, Sweden, France, Switzerland, The Netherlands and Japan.

Another interesting read:

Britain's quality of life worse than former Communist countries

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/6943343/Britains-quality-of-life-worse-than-former-Communist-countries.html

We got the point from Montana's post, so what is your point of bringing up HDI?

Germany ranked lower than UK & US is 3 places away from the top ten.Woudnt HDI therefore disprove Montana's examples. As UK more advance HDI wise than Germany therefore 360 install base is bigger. What do you have against UK that you "need" to bring up a irrelevant article..is it because UK & US are 360 stronghold and you seized the opportunity to take a swipe at them..hmmm

13. US

21. UK

22. Germany

@ ImJustBayuum

I was just backing him up. There's no direct relationship on that matter.

It wouldn't make sense anyhow considering the PS3 has a higher entry pricing and takes better advantage of more advanced technology such as HDTVs and surround audio setups.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

@ MikeB

Yep, i blame Sony as well for the install base situation in UK & US. They made those decisons.

Anyways we've gone off topic, its the wrong thread to discuss why the ps3 is in 3rd place.

Around the Network
Seece said:
JimmyRay said:
I wonder if anyone has accurate figures of install bases of PS3/360. 2nd hand the 360 isnt very desireable since it's quite likely to break down, while people happily buy PS3s second hand as they're more reliable.

I bet at least 1/4 of 360 sales have fallen to the RROD and been replaced whereas PS3s do suffer problems but A LOT less and normally get fixed rather than replaced as they were higher priced machines (especially compared to a 360 arcade).

I imagine the fact that no one trusts a second hand 360 drives sales very well. :)

No they just get it fixed for free VIA Microsoft.

They fix second hand 360's? now thats news to me. Quite sure you have to be able to proof you brought it new with a reciept

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups